PDA

View Full Version : stereo setups

candace
10-05-2002, 07:24 PM
was wondering what kind of stereo setups people have with their launch ssvs i am looking for ideas ,what do i need to run tower speakers and lights.

bcoppinger
10-29-2002, 02:31 PM
I have a 12 inch woofer behind the driver kickpanel, alpine competition speakers that replaced all the kenwood's. Two tower speakers, one 500 watt amp pushing the sub, one 600 watt pushing the cockpit speakers, and one 400 watt on the tower speakers. Hope this helps

bhfinch
01-29-2003, 04:09 PM
I ordered the pro package on my ssv and it already has a 500 wat amp from the factory. Then I moved the amp from the drivers side kick plate to the passenger side storage dept. Then I installed a JL Audio W3 which is one of the best subs for a small airspaced box, which is what it will take to fit the sub on the outside of the kick plate where the factor amp was installed. You can by an L shaped bracket to secure the sub to the wall. I have had three different supras and have discovered that a sub that is set out in the open instead of being in a stroage compartment or the rear trunk sounds alot louder and clearer. Also bass tubes are terrible for boats as far as for bass production. To hide your wires when moving the amp, just tuck them under wher the carpet stops in the copartment where the BIG center ballest bag is. I also used a seperate 500 watt J.L. Audio Amp for the sub which I put beside the amp that came with the boat from factory. Another thing I did is put an additional 250 watt Kenwood amp on the tower speakers with a volume control knob for the driver, this way you can blast the tower speakers without having to blast the speakers inside the boat while towing a boarder. I also changed my tower speakers to the new KLIPSE SYNTERGY SA2 outdoor speakers which have a sound horn instead of a tweeter. The horn will out vocally produce any tweeter inthe outdoor speaker market. Also another good tip is I bought all of this stuff off of E Bay and its brand new with factory warantys. If you take your time and shop around you can get a great system for alot less by using E Bay, just dont by used stuff. If you don't like bulky outdoor speakers on the tower then type wakeboard accessories on E BAY and you can find 6 1/2 inch tower mounts for around $175 as opposed to the normal $300 ones that you will by at the store.

bhfinch
01-29-2003, 04:10 PM
I ordered the pro package on my ssv and it already has a 500 wat amp from the factory. Then I moved the amp from the drivers side kick plate to the passenger side storage dept. Then I installed a JL Audio W3 which is one of the best subs for a small airspaced box, which is what it will take to fit the sub on the outside of the kick plate where the factor amp was installed. You can by an L shaped bracket to secure the sub to the wall. I have had three different supras and have discovered that a sub that is set out in the open instead of being in a stroage compartment or the rear trunk sounds alot louder and clearer. Also bass tubes are terrible for boats as far as for bass production. To hide your wires when moving the amp, just tuck them under wher the carpet stops in the copartment where the BIG center ballest bag is. I also used a seperate 500 watt J.L. Audio Amp for the sub which I put beside the amp that came with the boat from factory. Another thing I did is put an additional 250 watt Kenwood amp on the tower speakers with a volume control knob for the driver, this way you can blast the tower speakers without having to blast the speakers inside the boat while towing a boarder. I also changed my tower speakers to the new KLIPSE SYNTERGY SA2 outdoor speakers which have a sound horn instead of a tweeter. The horn will out vocally produce any tweeter inthe outdoor speaker market. Also another good tip is I bought all of this stuff off of E Bay and its brand new with factory warantys. If you take your time and shop around you can get a great system for alot less by using E Bay, just dont by used stuff. If you don't like bulky outdoor speakers on the tower then type wakeboard accessories on E BAY and you can find 6 1/2 inch tower mounts for around $175 as opposed to the normal $300 ones that you will by at the store.

ryanjohnsto
03-07-2003, 04:37 PM
BHFINCH how did you mount those KLIPSCHE speakers to your tower. We want to get some but do not know how to mount them.

Bmarrs
03-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Hey

My 2002 SSV, 4 10" subs 2 in pass console 2 in drivers console 6 boss accessories tower speakers. 2-800 watt amps 1 - 200 watt amp 4 mids in the boat. Need ear muffs.

GRAVITY04
07-06-2004, 01:12 AM
I have 4 mb quartz 6 inch in chrome cans on the tower, 4 Kenwood 6 inch in the boat and 2 punch pros under the driver console. Kenwood 1200 4 channel and a punch 340. It rocks. You can hear it at 70 off while wakeboarding like you are in the boat.

mygreenmonster.com
07-06-2004, 04:02 PM
I have a similar setup as gravity04 since the 04 gravity games package comes with most of what he mentioned.

"I have 4 mb quartz 6 inch in chrome cans on the tower, 4 Kenwood 6 inch in the boat"
The only difference in my setup is that I have 1 10" Kenwood sub in an Audiobahn ported tube enclosure connected in parallel with an 8" bazooka rs bass tube. The two subs are behind the driver kick panel.

Here are pictures of the setup:
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Boat%20Pics&galleryid=10&picid=111&P ageIndex=0&PicPageIndex=0#Pictures

http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Boat%20Audio&galleryid=8&PageIndex=0 &PicPageIndex=0#Pictures