PDA

View Full Version : Owner's Reunions

scmarketing
02-05-2006, 11:10 AM
We are considering hosting several owners reunions in 06.

Southeast ... Lake Norman, Charlotte, NC
Southwest ... Lake LBJ, Marble Falls, TX
Northwest ... Lake Roosevelt, Oregon
Midwest ... Lake Wauwasee, Syracuse, IN

There are existing events in Arizona and in Florida. Looking for your input on timing
and locations of these events.

Tell us what you think.

Jon
02-05-2006, 06:27 PM
I love the owners reunion ideas but they need to be more centralized in my opinion. I'm in the Southeast but the reunion for me is on the eastern extremity of the Southeast. I'm on the western extremity. It would probably be closer for me to go to the Southwest reunion-still a good long haul.

msutoad
02-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Would love it if you had a reunion at Lake Norman in NC.

IndyMatt
02-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Im all for Lake Wawasee in Indiana~ Thats my home lake!! Deal me in!! The only problem is that the local dealer (Bell Marine) is a total jack monkey. Any association with this dealer would really hurt the integrity of the event.

msutoad
02-06-2006, 08:02 PM
IndyMatt-

Yeah there is a local Supra ( winin 50 miles ) dealer ( grandpas Marine ) that is horrible. I travel 160 miles one way for boat service on my launch SSV.

Sux to spend that kind of money and have horrible dealer performance.

I really like the dealer I do go to at lake Norman ( West Port Marine ).

Jason

IndyMatt
02-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I was lucky enough to learn what a zero he was prior to purchasing my Supra. Like a lot of people on this board, I drove an extra two hours to a dealer I like & has treated me well. I certainly recommend developing a relationship with your dealer prior to the purchase because its these dealers that will help you out after they already have your money!! In a small town/ lake town area the handful of marinas have no interest in talking to you unless your buying a boat from them. Service? forget about it... If you bought your boat there, you might get an appointment if its a repair they can charge you for... warranty work... yeah right. Its too bad... When there is more demand than supply, they simply dont care about losing customers & service goes out the window. I know skiers choice wants to develop relationships with dealers... but they really should do some investigation into the people that are representing their products. If I new nothing about boats, and was a first time customer... This dealer/ skiers choice would have lost my business.

skinerd
02-07-2006, 10:33 PM
IN is doable from Detroit. Count me in!

texas_21V
02-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Marble Falls/LBJ is a beautiful place. Count me in.

Jon

J B G
02-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Has anyone been on any other good lake around Lake Wauwasee

IndyMatt
02-09-2006, 07:33 PM
JBG...

There are several lakes in the area of Wawasee but it kind of depends on what type of recreation your into. Wawasee is the largest natural lake in Indiana. Occasionally we will grab slalom sets on Syracuse lake (attached via channel) thats smaller and a tad more wind protected from developed shoreline. Webster is another good one, small and shallow in areas but I think the local ski team still practices/ competes there. There are also Shoe Lake, Barbie and Tippecanoe... all great but significantly smaller than Wawasee. Of course I have to give an honorable mention to Lake Boner (non-motorized) but still fun to say!!

Diggs
02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
where is lake rosevelt, oregon? when?
Thanks

J B G
02-10-2006, 10:59 AM
We're thinking about changing the Lake Roosevelt reunion to another, less remote lake. Possibly Lake Coeur d'Alene.

02-15-2006, 01:55 AM
How about Colorado next time around? Maybe Horsetooth reservoir in Fort Collins?

scmarketing
02-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Folks:

We are working on it. Not sure if we will walk or run this year ... meaning one or three or five reunions.
Expect that any 'official' factory reunion will be held in the Fall. Have lots of good ideas and intentions,
but don't want to put something on that everyone won't be proud to attend.

We appreciate your input and look forward to seeing you all at an owner's reunion in either '06 or '07.
More information to come as we pull each event together.

SCMARKETING

kklupenger
02-28-2006, 11:27 PM
There are several of us in Oregon that would love an event at Lake Roosevelt (which is actually in Washington). Mid-July to Mid-August would be good timing

Boiler with a Supra
03-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Wawasee is doable for me. It is not my home lake but depending on the weekend it could work. I always enjoy checking out the scenery at another locaton.