PDA

View Full Version : Boat deal?

Coxxy
02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I have found a launch ssv 2001. My local bank has it in repossesion and I think $23,000 could get the boat bought. Good deal? It is the V drive in good condition and has around 250 hrs on it. All I could see missing was the ballast bags, (pump, switches, and plumbing all still in tact).

pm974
02-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Sounds pretty good to me. I just paid 28,000 for the same boat witha few wxtras. Just be careful and have it check our by a mechanic.

pm974
02-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Sounds pretty good to me. I just paid 28,000 for the same boat witha few wxtras. Just be careful and have it check our by a mechanic.

Coxxy
02-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the reply, I am planning on taking it to a marina this weekend and having them run through it. I was thinking about ordering a new outback v in a few weeks, at the boat show, but I stumbled across this boat in the mean time. I feel that this boat is five years old but has quite a few comfort features being a supra that the moomba would be lacking. Right?

I will be saving a few bucks buying the used supra over a new moomba and feel like I will have a better looking boat. Any suggestions?

myturndad
02-10-2006, 01:57 PM
coxxy, sounds like a good deal with low hours.

go to nada.com and check the high, low and average retail and that should help.

i have a 05 ssv 22 and he handles great and take the chop much better than my old 02 outback.

good luck.

Ed Obermeier
02-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Go to www.nadaguides.com and run it through to find the book value. That will give you a point of reference as to whether or not it's a deal.

msutoad
02-12-2006, 09:35 PM
A true "marine survey" might not be a bad idea either!

Coxxy
03-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I finally got the boat yesterday. I took it out on the lake and ran it for an hour and I had the local marina's mechanic go through it. He thinks it will be a great boat. It cleaned up real nice, so now I am ready for the weather to warm up. I post some pics as soon as I get some taken.

1988comp
05-08-2006, 02:01 AM
I would check on a brand-new gekko for that price. If you are not a hobbyist with Engines and Velvet drives, props, etc, you could be getting a big mess.

that is more like a $15k boat unless it exceptionally clean, repo boats can be pretty abused.

If it is super-clean, it would be a good deal for even more. Sometimes, if they run it out of oil or something, they let them go back just to be rid of it.