PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleaning

dndsam
02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Does anyone have any secrets on cleaning the vinyl on our Supras? I have a light grey interior and it seems to dirty looking. I typically use Tuff Stuff and it just doesn't touch it. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.

DKJBama92Mariah
02-15-2006, 11:49 PM
I've used tuff-stuff but have been chastised here to doing so. Apparently it is harmful to the vinyl. Supra recommends Fantastik cleaner thats available at any grocery store.

Cheers,
DKJ

OUI
02-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Get some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and Fantastic. Spray the Fantastic on the interior and let stand -- then scrub with the Magic Erasers -- You won't believe your eyes. It's like you've got a new interior. Keep a bucket of clean water handy so you can rince out the pads. They don't last very long -- I uese about a dozen of them to clean my Saltre.

IndyMatt
02-17-2006, 01:31 PM
I use fantastic pretty much throughout the boat, Vinyl and hull as well & have been very pleased. One thing that I have learned over the years is that when doing vinyl, the areas that are compromised are the seams and the thread used in stitching. When you use things like Tuff- Stuff and even fantastic, the thread soaks up the cleaner and then its impossible to rinse out. This promotes break down in the stitching. I suggest a once or twice a year Fantastic cleaning with after use clean ups being a mild mixture of warm water and johnsons baby shampoo. This was suggested by a man who does vinyl work and works great.

myturndad
02-17-2006, 02:30 PM
I used magic erasers on my boat that i recently sold. The new one needs some vinyl cleaning. Not from being used at the lake but from sitting in it in the garage drinking a beer or two.

Oh by the way don't forget to use some 303 on that vinyl.

Doug, t-town

dndsam
02-17-2006, 07:47 PM
What is 303?

I understand the sitting around in the garage part. If we do not get some rain this spring here in Texas, that is about all we will be doing. Listening to my new speakers in the garage.

myturndad
02-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Doug, 303 is considered the best vinyl protectant avil. Even the new manuals recommend using this after cleaning. I have also used it on my truck dash.

It is avail at boaters world.

Here in Oklahoma it is dry also. We picked up two inches of snow but really need rain.

Doug, t-tulsa

OUI
02-18-2006, 03:33 PM
303 Sounds like some pretty cool stuff. Check it out.

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id= 70

f9captnemo
02-20-2006, 03:28 PM
I have used a foam cleaner for auto interiors called Blue Coral for years and it seems to do a good job. Also can use it on capets if need be. My local Napa carries it.

IndyMatt
02-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Oh yes... I forgot to mention the 303; I do use it, typically once or twice a year only. I have heard of people using it on the hull also, but I dont think it does as good of a job as a hard wax.