PDA

View Full Version : Ballast for new 21v

gmarkham1
02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
I recently put in my order for a 21v. After some research I have found that most people have moved the center sack to the back, got another for the other side then ordered the bow sac from a 24ssv for the bow.

I was just wondering if there was anyway to have this done from the factory so I dont have to buy extra sacs after the fact, i already have left over sacs from my other boat that I am trying to get rid of!

"Part #105129 (appr 1100lbs)stock 24V center
Part #104876 (appr 600lbs) stock 21V center

Take the factory center bag, put it in one of the rear compartments, put #104876 in the other rear compartment...put #105129 in the center...and hang on"

Jon
02-22-2006, 12:11 AM
The factory will not install these bags for you. With this set up, it exceeds Coast Guard regulations with the weight in the boat.

I have seen a 21V with the weight setup like you mentioned. The wake was crazy but that is a bunch of weight for the boat to handle. If I were to upgrade, I would take the stock bags in the 24 and put it in the 21V. 1100 lbs up front and 400 on each side of the engine.

That being said, the wake is plenty big enough for me with just stock ballast and 4-5 people in the boat.

texas_21V
02-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I have the setup you are talking about and I had to go through my dealer after the sale. That being said, it is the only way to go. I personally feel that the wake is not only much bigger with the described setup, but much firmer as well. Try 5 people in the boat, 1 rider, and those sacks. You will not go back. Just my 2 cents.

Jon