PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Fun!!

wspeedin
11-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Hey guys! So its the off season and I should probably be working on my Saltare but Im a sucker for fun times! I wanted to get a little more in shape for the upcoming wakeboarding season so I thought I would join my local wheelchair basketball team and have some fun over the winter.
On November 19 the Charlotte Rollin' Bobcats got to put on a little halftime show for the Bobcats vs. Bucks game and my wife and I decided to do some filming. So here is a video edit I put together of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEyodBivj-4&feature=g-all

Also, The camera crew for The Bobcats got some great footage! And they even kept score! I am #00 on the blue team :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YumkcFvchTM

Hope you guys enjoy, I know its not boat related :(

Jetlink
11-30-2012, 01:12 PM
You're trying to get in shape for wakeboarding, that's boat related right there I think.

suprasam
11-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Wspeedin.....congrats on the game! Do you mind if I ask a personal question about how your boat is set up to accomodate you and you wakeboarding? If its to personable please don't worry about it. I ask mainly because I helped a buddy set up his deck boat for his daughter who is in a chair.....but she loves to fish so he re-did everything to accomodate her needs. Thanks

wspeedin
11-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Shane, its not too personal of a question. :) I actually havent changed anything about my boat as far as accessibility. I simply back the trailer into the water, my wife gets out and launches the boat into the water by herself. I pull the trailer back up into a parking space and head to the dock. Then I easily just transfer from wheelchair to dock and from dock to ski locker on the boat. Then I transfer from ski locker to back seat to dog house to captains chair. When Im ready to board I throw my gear in the water and "fall" out of the boat. To get back in the baot is a bit tricky though, I lift myself onto the swim platform and my wife grabs my life jacket at the shoulders and helps me as I transfer from swinm platform to ski locker.

suprasam
11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Damn dude....nothing but props to you! I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem that much holds you back from doing what you want to do! Thanks for sharing that!

86 century
12-01-2012, 01:10 AM
I commend you for having the will to continue on.

My habit of looking for the positives in any situation

At least you didn't need to make any changes to the boat (all hand controls already)