PDA

View Full Version : Boat Covers

Dinoz
03-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey guys,

Just curious to see if anyone has bought a "custom" cover for there ride off line? I've seen stuff on Overton's that say they're custom, but I'm a little sketchy to dish out the cash and find out that it's not what they say it is. If anyone has a cover for sale, I need one for an '89 Comp.

Cheers,

DZ.

Boiler with a Supra
03-02-2006, 09:11 PM
I have an 89 comp and have bought two from Overton's over the years. I bought the last one a year ago. They fit really well and do a great job. They are a little tight if anything. Which is better than loose.

IndyMatt
03-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I tried a 'Custom' cover on once that was supposed to fit my boat, but due to the longer, pointed nose of the Supras... it fit but the reinforced area that is supposed to go over the windshield area did not line up. I think overtons true custom shop is hurricane covers which if you call them and give them make/modle they have the computerized templates. You may just want to find a local canvas shop and have them make you a cover. Some keep your boat while they do this and lay everything out exactly. Plus you can choose your material and color where some mag companies limit you to two or three colors.

Dinoz
03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys,

What have you used in the past for supporting the cover to avoid pooling water? Or do these covers come tight enough that it isn't a concern?

Boiler with a Supra
03-03-2006, 05:49 PM
2" PVC about 6-8 inches long on ski pylon and a typical adjustable cover pole for behind the engine.

Overton's cover had all the reinforcements in the right place. Call them and give them the info and you will be fine.

Boiler with a Supra
03-03-2006, 05:50 PM
2" PVC about 6-8 inches long on ski pylon and a typical adjustable cover pole for behind the engine.

Overton's cover had all the reinforcements in the right place. Call them and give them the info and you will be fine.

IndyMatt
03-04-2006, 07:52 AM
I am still using my factory cover & it came with the PVC and adjustable poles for the bow & behind the motor box. I still get puddles over the back bench to the left & right of the rear pole. I was thinking about some of the bow slats that go from grab rail to grab rail. Anyone else overcome this?

Dinoz
03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Indy,

I'm getting the same problem with the pudles. I'm using adjustable slats now, but on a generic cover. A friend of mine is using the slats on a custom cover and it works great. I'm just hoping that the covers from Overton's are tight enough that it will help hold the slats in place. Even though the slats clip in place on the grab rails, if the cover isn't tight enough you'll find that they will fall over if there is too much movement on the cover.

One other question I had for the Overton covers is if they have ventilation holes in them? Just to help dry up the boat when not in use.

Cheers,

DZ.

dndsam
03-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I bought mine from Ski Limited. It is a Taylor Made Ultima and it works great. Samples of the material were even sent to me upon request so I could decide on a color prior to purchasing. I had a problem with the cover when I first got it as the windshield reinforcement did not line up. Ski Limited and Taylor Made were both very cooperative in resolving the problem. The cover stays tight and water does not pool. I do not need to use poles to keep the water from pooling. I recommend the cover.

If anyone is looking for a good used "Supra" cover for a 98-00 Legacy, let me know and I will make a deal on it. It is a grey cover with no rips or tears and would be a great dust cover. You can trailer with this cover.

Dan Schoenber
03-27-2006, 12:28 PM
I would be interested in your cover as a spare/storage cover. Please email me with additional info/details. Dan

[email protected]

dndsam
04-14-2006, 12:07 AM
The cover has been SOLD!