PDA

View Full Version : Material list for floor rebuild

a_deleon
12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
I am about to get started on my winter build and have my floors done by a buddy of mine. I was trying to get an idea on how much material other members have purchased to do their floors.

I was looking at biax to wrap the wood in but I was also wondering if anyone has used the S glass from US composites. I know for the guys that do their stand up jet ski's and as part of a build I was working on I would use biax to build it up with one layer and lay out a few layers of the S glass. From what I read the S glass is suposed to be be about equal to carbon fiber strength and keep the weight down as well but I know it is not carbon fiber light. I wanted to get something that could maybe help shed a few pounds off it and still keep the strength it needs to reinforce the boat hull and support the wood floor.

I have my buddy coming to look at the boat when I have the interior and most of the floow up and gutted from the foam. He is going to give me a list of how much he needs but would like to get an idea from anyone else and see about options on the type of glass material to get for it. I just only know as much as what I read for trying to build my stand up jet ski's. Like my superjet I am going to use S glass and a little biax to help build it up when I chop it down and rocker the front nose.