PDA

View Full Version : 22V questions

pctarmor
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi folks, I'm shopping for new boat and the 21V and 22V are top contenders. My garage is 25 feet deep and the door is 9ft wide. I see on Supra's website that the length with swim platform for the 22V is 24'6". From pics I've seen online it looks like the trailer tongue hinge is underneath the bow of the boat, correct?
I have 3 little kids and we plan to do lots of wakeboarding, surfing, and crusing in large lakes here in Missouri that can be choppy at times in the main channels.
Any thoughts on which boat would be better for my needs?
Thanks.

supraaddict
12-10-2012, 12:21 AM
The 22v is a nice size boat. I have a 2004 22SSV and it seats 10 nicely and we still have a lot of room. With a 9ft wide garage door it will be a tight squeeze with the tower up. I am guessing the board racks would probably not fit, unless you have spinning racks that can be spun to the inside of the tower. I put my boat in a 12' wide door and I have to watch the racks closely. The swim platform is easy to remove if you have depth issues. It takes about 15 seconds to remove one and they are not that heavy. Hope this helps.

KG's Supra24
12-10-2012, 11:07 AM
21V nose is going to sit higher out of the water and be less susceptible to taking on water in big chop, if that is a concern.

Lavinder
12-10-2012, 12:19 PM
I have a 2007 22SSV. The out to out on the trailer is 8'-6". Having 3" to spare on each side is tight. If you are doing it once or twice a year you can take your time. But if its every weekend, you will get very good and backing things up. Or door repair. Swing your racks in, check the height of the boat with the tower collapsed vs your garage door height.

pctarmor
12-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Is the out to out from the guidepoles or the actual base of the trailer?

Diggs
12-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Most likely the measurements are fender to fender. Guide poles come off very easily if you want or need. I think with a 9' wide door you will be totally fine with either boat. How tall is your garage door? Mine is 9'-9.5' and I have had a 22 and a 21V in there easily and pulled them out daily.
As far as the boats, both are nice.....
The 21V is a deeper boat (or feels deeper) and has a higher nose as KG said. If the lake is choppy you might feel better in the 21V. The 21V is quite a bit smaller inside though. If your plans are to go out with 5-7 people the 21V is great. If you are planning to go out with more than that, you might want the space of the 22. Both are great boats though. The 21V will handle a bit better and will be a bit easier to keep a clean wake at slower speeds. I think it will really come down to weighing the space inside the boat versus security of having your nose high out of the water on a choppy lake. Either way you will be happy though!

pctarmor
12-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks Diggs. I'm hopefully headed down to TN to pick up a 22V after the holidays. My garage door is 8' high. I think that should work out OK but I'll remeasure the boat with the tower down before I bring it home.

Diggs
12-17-2012, 01:27 AM
Yeah 8' door will be fine with the tower folded. Congrats on the purchase!!!

jasun
12-19-2012, 02:10 PM
My Salt is wide (sorry for the vague measurement) but I can back it in my building and it has a 9' door... Like Lavinder said, you will get real good a backing up... I think that is the easy part... pulling it out is the more difficult part for me. I dont always hook up at the exact angle that I put it in at so it wants to track one way or another and i usually have the manuver it so that it get it square with the door again.... Good luck!!