PDA

View Full Version : Loading the Supra

EMsSUPRA
04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
This is my first boat that I have ever owned. My question is when I load the boat I have to have my wife pull it out while I keep the boat centered on the trailer. Is there an easier way, it just seems like it takes to much work for me. Am I to deep in the water for the trailer. What gives.

Thanks for the info

8509kmv
04-07-2006, 04:07 PM
I used to have the same problem on our sunsport. I have found that you should not put the trailer in to far or this will happen. The best place is ussually with it in the water so you can see the top of the fenders on the trailer. Hope this helps.

IndyMatt
04-07-2006, 08:37 PM
That is exactly right, back in until the front tops of the fenders are still showing out of the water and then drive the boat onto the trailer. Unless there is somthing drasticly wrong with the bunk alignment, your boat will center and practically load itself. Some people drive their boat into the boat buddy.... I choose not to, I just drive it up to about 12-24 inches & finish it off with a few turns of the crank. Good luck

oshelton
04-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Sounds as though you have the trailer too deep when loading. Although it is a great idea to go deep and float the boat off the trailer (no sense powereing off), the opposite is true for loading. The BoatMate trailer is designed for power loading and will center the boat as you power up to the bow stop. Put the trailer in deep to wet the bunks then pull out to the loading position which varies dependent on whether the trailer is a single or tandem and if built for a direct drive or v-drive. You will need to try a few times to determine the proper depth. Start high and move down as necessary. With a little practive you can come in with a little speed and load in one smooth motion.

Having the trailer too far in the water prevents the bunks from engaging the hull to center the boat. This can also result in the bow of the boat coming in below the boat buddy because the front bunks do not get the opportunity to raise the bow over the bow stop. This is baaaaad for gelcoat.