PDA

View Full Version : Factory Tour

wspeedin
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, so I am going to be heading to Tn tomorrow morning and we will be taking a tour of the Supra factory as well as Malibu/Axis and Matercraft. This should be fun!!!
I will take some pictures when Im there and share them with yall

Diggs
12-12-2012, 03:03 PM
This is one thing I would really like to do some day. Years ago I toured the Malibu factory that was in Merced, CA. Wish I was closer to TN, as I would love to check out the SC facility. Look forward to pics.

csuggs
12-13-2012, 03:59 PM
I toured SC in 2010. Very cool. Will, are you going with Greg?

wspeedin
12-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Clint, I sure am. We went to Malibu/Axis today and tomorrow we will go through SC and then Mastercraft.

Salty87
12-13-2012, 09:26 PM
i didn't know Malibu and Mastercraft are in TN too. i know Tige is in TX but, Tige?....meh, lol

j/k...all of the new boats look super nice, if you're into that sort of thing.

have fun, will!

Jetlink
12-13-2012, 09:35 PM
i didn't know Malibu and Mastercraft are in TN too. i know Tige is in TX but, Tige?....meh, lol

j/k...all of the new boats look super nice, if you're into that sort of thing.

have fun, will!

Malibu has two boats sitting up in the lobby of the Knoxville airport...of course they are orange for the school colors there. Always look sharp and I always joke about trying to stuff one into the cargo hold. I have a picture somewhere.

wspeedin
12-15-2012, 11:16 AM
ngavdba, lol. I actually did get some free tshirts, lol. I asked the guys there what was up with their gear page and why nobody can get shirts or hats or anything like that. the answer was that they lost the vendor who made these things and they had a deal for a new one but that fell through so they are still looking for a company to make the shirts for them.

As far as the tour goes, I was not able to take pictures inside the factory. They dont allow pictures to be taken. However, Dan Miller gave us the most elaborate tour of the factory. He explained every part of the process in great detail. We got to watch them spray the chopped glass onto some molds and we watched them spray some gel coat in one of the process. They are producing about 4 boats a day.

We werent able to tour Malibu and didnt have time to tour MasterCraft but it was a great trip and especially great for Wake The World and Wake The World Adaptive.

csuggs
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
FYI the place that see to do SC tshirts is Label Industries in Knoxville.

Wake the World
12-26-2012, 04:23 PM
It was an awesome road trip. We started with App Ski My to drop off posters for the "Wake N Flake" event coming up in March. Then onto Performance Watersports in Kingsport, TN. This will be their first year participating in Wake N Flake, so we were going over the plans and dropping off posters.

Since our trip was taking us to Tennessee, we thought it would be a great idea to visit the factories and keep them updated on Wake the World events and how their boat owners are contributing.

The Supra tour was awesome! Will & I felt like VIP's when we walked in and were greated by 6 of the top brass in the lobby of SC. Dan was very casual and thorough with the tour. It was as if we were the only he needed to see that day. Dan & the team at Skiers Choice are more dedicated than ever to support their boat owners that are hosting Wake the World events! http://waketheworld.org

Will & I found it interesting how friendly MC and SC are towards each other. Touring each others factories, sharing boats for sales training, super cool in our opinion. Dan & Aarne from MC were actually room mates in college.

Aarene from MC is going to allow Wake the World to have a booth at the Pro Tour stop on Lake Norman.

Hope that some of you can join us for http://wakenflake.com. It will be Saturday, March 2nd. I know that a few on here are already planning on it.