PDA

View Full Version : Leprechaun in Winter

skiman_61
12-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Putting the '87 Salt to bed for the winter. Thankfully we had some 70 degree days for a later than usual ritual.

skiman_61
12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Eyuh! Tried to buy some from Supra. They had the size and substance of toilet paper cardboard centers! Had to go to a marina north of the city here to find some big enough for my guides... Reviewed the crappy ones on Supra's web, they would not post.

The name was on there when it came to me in '98. Jimmy Noonan was the previous curator. I'm married to a Mullarky and my grandmother on my father's side was a Garvey, so I figured it was meant to be. Bad mojo to change the name of a boat as well. Not as bad as editing peoples comments on your retail site, but close.

There's an '85 Rider here in Cincinnati similar to yours for sale if you want an extra. I posted the listing on the forum. Looks nice.

skiman_61
12-15-2012, 10:15 AM
I think you commented on the '92 Saltare' as well. Haugy was merciless in his criticism. Not that it wasn't deserved...just saying.

Two boats, well...never know. I thought about getting another boat here recently. Couldn't find anything that I liked better than the Salt, and there was that whole two boats to winterize/store etc. nightmare.

lordkevin
01-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the nice post dear...