PDA

View Full Version : cover for 84 comp

mike84comp
04-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey all. I want to order a cover for my 84 comp and have decided I like the price and quality of the sharkskin from Westlands as sold by Overtons. They sent me a fabric sample card and it looks quite derable. The problem I have is none of the online retailers list a custom fit for the Supra Comp 1984-85 models. The earliest listed years are the 1986-88. Does anyone know if there was any difference in hull dimensions, windshield placement, pylon position or such. I emailed this question to one boat cover maker and the reply was the 86-88 had a slightly shorter side window dimension but he said with his cover it would be insignificant. Any help would be appreciated. The cover that came with it is really rotted and the blue tarp is really tacky on such a nice old boat.

Dinoz
04-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Before I bought my '89 I was looking at an '86 & an '87, the hull seemed to be the same as my '89. I would think you would be fine with the cover that you are looking at. I recently recieved my cover from Overton's, I bought the sharkskin as well. Very durable. You will need some support at the stern to stop some water pooling, but that's about it. They did a great job.

DZ.