PDA

View Full Version : See ya

Randy28
12-18-2012, 12:28 AM
I used to be a member of this site under a different name, I only started this one and used it once when I had a question and when for a time was unable to log in using my original one. Met some good people. Got help with a few questions, and enjoyed communicating with many people who shared many of my interests.

I have not got the slightest idea why I got a message a couple days ago that I was banned forever. Everything I had ever posted over the last few years was deleted. I know of nothing I have ever said or done that would in any way be a problem.

I asked why I had been banned and have not got any response.

Jet....Blue skies and tail winds, the rest of you....glass smooth water and , depending on your preference, big or no wakes

You all take care, Merry Christmas, hope to see you on the lake.

c'est la vie

Randy

Jetlink
12-18-2012, 12:34 AM
What was your original screen name? The reason I am asking is so that I might be able to look into this matter for you and hopefully resolve the issue for you. Would really hate to see a member of good standing leaving due to an error that wasn't caught most likely emiminating the numerous spam posts this forum is bombarded with.

tg0824SSVGG
12-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Randy, sorry to hear that. Accidents happen when banning 100 spammers a a day. I was banned at one point accidentally and my posts were deleted. Bummer, we can't get the deleted posts back, but tell us your original name and I can restore that. Please don't leave angry, it wasn't on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supra-Shane
12-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah I was deleted also today "suprasam", says i have been a spammer and will never be lifted? If your deleting someone's ID can you not see that its an active profile? So does this mean, all my prior post are gone....along with all the suggestions on my post to fix certain things? Let me know because this is a temp ID. I know all admin's here arent paid.....but there is someone who host the site, and has better control. Although I say this with a company who apparently can't even keep the site up that sells their own company named stuff. I'm on many sites.....this one by far is handled the worst. I'm not saying the admin's do a poor job.....because I know your hands are tied, its the people who own/host.

Salty87
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
i wonder if this happens accidentally when people reply to spam threads? there's so much spam at times it would be hard to read all of the threads looking for real members when deleting the junk.

DKJBama92Mariah
12-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Randy and Suprasam,

You have my utmost apologies for the mistaken deletion of your accounts. Suprasam, your account has been restored. Randy, if you could provide me with your old account name, I will restore it as well. As far as your missing posts, I don't think there is anything we can do, and for that I apologize again. However, your accumulated post count should remain what it was before.

In keeping the spam clean on the forum, occasionally an innocent victim does get caught up in the dragnet. Again you have the sincere apologies for the loss of your prior posts and ask you to continue to frequent our community.

DKJ

DKJBama92Mariah
12-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Randy,

Your account autobahnracing has been restored. I cross referenced your IP and was able to find the old account. Again, my apologizes for the mixup.

DKJ

suprasam
12-18-2012, 04:38 PM
DKJ, Thanks for working and getting it back up and running for me. I know being an Admin can be hard at times and about the only recognition you get is when something screws up. So thanks for getting me back up and running. My earlier frustration is with the owner of this site more than anything. The people that are here are great, but this Spam deal is getting out of control. They need to update this site soon, or they are going to lose the small amount of contributing members they have. Also fix the store site they have as well, I mean if you don't have the money to update the site and keep the store open......give the site to someone who can. I know enough people who could take it over, and add to the site and make it more stable than it's current state.(sry again frustration) Thanks

DKJBama92Mariah
12-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Gentlemen,

I have restored every deleted post of yours that I could find in the database. Again, I personally apologize on behalf of the moderating team for the mixup. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further concern. Our primary job as moderators is to simply keep the deluge of spam under some semblance of control considering the circumstances. However, we are always willing to address member concerns when brought to our attention.

Merry Christmas to you both.

DKJ

haugy
12-18-2012, 05:30 PM
:D :D :D Wow. Not surprised.

TitanTn
12-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Gentlemen,

I have restored every deleted post of yours that I could find in the database. Again, I personally apologize on behalf of the moderating team for the mixup. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further concern. Our primary job as moderators is to simply keep the deluge of spam under some semblance of control considering the circumstances. However, we are always willing to address member concerns when brought to our attention.

Merry Christmas to you both.

DKJ

You guys are doing a great job with what you have to work with. Thanks for keeping this site alive, because without your dedication, I know it wouldn't last.

autobahnracing
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Thank you for the time and effort. It is nice to be part of this community again.

chrisk
12-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Handled well! Have a Merry Christmas everyone!