PDA

View Full Version : 21V Ballast

SZEH
04-27-2006, 10:34 PM
O.K. Just ordered a '06 21V. Should start the build on May 10th. I'm just a little confused...what is the total weight of the standard 3 bag ballast system in this boat? I thought it was about 2100 lbs...but I've been wrong before. I've seen so many different numbers tossed around.

Oh, and this is totally torture waiting for delivery! Should be the last week of May.

Thanks

lowdrag
04-28-2006, 12:09 AM
standard ballast is about 1200 pounds. If you move the front bag to the rear and buy another one like it and also purchase the gravity games bag for the front from the 24ssv it will be about 2100 or 2200 pounds.

lowdrag
04-28-2006, 12:12 AM
.....and congrats on the new boat. I just picked up my 21V last month. I'm currently feeling the torture of waiting to get it broken in so I can fill the ballast and go boarding. The wake looks awesome even without ballast. I can't wait to see what it's like when I can fill the bags.

SZEH
04-28-2006, 07:21 AM
lowdrag - thanks for the information and congrats on your new boat. Hang in there with the break-in period...I know it'll be worth the wait.

So if I understand you correctly...all Supra's that have the Gravity III-v Ballast w/ 3 Bags (1 front, 2 rear) set up have about 1200 lbs ballast? Sorry to be so slow, but I heard that it was close to 2100 lbs because it's the same set up in the Gravity Games edition.

Thanks again.

AusBill32
04-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I ordered my 21v in March and I just got it about 3 weeks. I've got like 17 hours on it already. Bringing it in on Monday for the 20 hrs. The Gravity III which we all have stock is:

Left Rear 400 lbs
Left Right 400 lbs
Center 750 lbs
So 1550 lbs total

Did you all get perfect pass on your boats or did you get the standard EZ Cruise Control?

AusBill32
04-28-2006, 10:01 AM
FYI... though

I'm loving the boat so far. Only thing I wish I could have different is a bigger gas tank and maybe I should have gotten perfect pass. My boat is loaded except for that. My 21v only holds 40gals of gas. I wasn't sure how much gas it would use but last weekend we were fully loaded with about 5 people and ballast. We were sucking down close to 6-7 gals per hour. We got right around 5 hours on the water of straight riding before we had to head back because the tank was reading empty. I haven't filled up yet but while I was driving is said I had a about 1/8 left over empty but I didn't want to press my luck. I found this place on the web that sells 15 Gal gas Jaz jugs so I'm just going to buy one of those and stick it in the back so I don't have to pay up the wazoo for gas at the Marina and we can stay out a bit longer on the water

Other than that the boat friggen rocks. The wake is a monster on this thing loaded down. I can't imagine anyone wanting to put bigger bags in it. One of the guys that went with me was doing front/back side flips and some other tricks I don't know the names of. He was really good though and he said he never rode a wake this big before with such a straight lip. It really launches you up. I was use to riding behind my friends 2003 Mastercraft x30. It has a great big rolling wake to get you distance to the otherside but my Supra wake is bigger with more of a straight up lip which gets your higher. If I edge hard I can cut the wake and still get pretty far out. I love it. Kinda scary it's so big in my opinion but I've only been riding 1.5 years now.

IndyMatt
05-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Lets all remember back to physics class... We all remember that "A pints a pound the world around" refering to positive specific gravity fluids (Water)~ Well then (putting on my wizard cap) 1pint = 0.15gallons or 1gallon = 6.7pints~ ie... 1gallon = 6.7pounds; so to figure ballast to weight simply add the total gallon capacity of your fat sacs then multiply by 6.7 for the total weight added at full capacity. As someone stated above 1550 pounds would be approximately 230 gallons. While 2100lbs would be ~315 gallons; Hope this helps... I have no idea what the standard bertha ballast capacity is.

silvtongdvl
05-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Not sure about your Math there Matt
Got the book open - water weights 8.355 pounds per gallon.
Supra's standard ballast set up is 1100 pounds
250lb bags on each side of the engine - 600 lb bag up front.
The 21V does better with 1000lb front bag and the old front & 1 new one on either side of the engine.
If you run with alot of people - just replace the front bag. People will make up the difference in the back. The 21V likes or needs more front weight for the wake to clean up and run long.
22SSV and the 24V is the opposite - you can weight the rear alittle more to get the same results.

~S~

05-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Anyone have a part number and a price for a 1000# bag from skiers?

IndyMatt
05-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Well sorry to disagree but actually.... 1 Gallons [US] = 8.3452641 Pounds; But obviously you were closer than I was originally... Im sure I remember that chant from college though... well maybe just another unchallanged professor.... my mat was correct just my conversion was wrong. Either way, I agree than people and beer make for better ballast~

silvtongdvl
05-10-2006, 04:49 PM
No problem Matt

Wake snake - The bag is not from skiers choice - its from the supplier. If your local dealer can't help you - ring me up again and I would be happy to sell you one.
Scott