PDA

View Full Version : Rule pump safety issue

keithf
10-16-2002, 06:38 PM
Hi SC, not sure if you are aware of the Rule pump safety issue - http://www.rule-industries.com/press/livewell.htm

I have one of these (1100GPH Rule 205) in my '02 SSV as part of the factory installed Hippo system. It has date code 01H.

How do you wish me to proceed? Work with Rule, my dealer, or direct with yourselves?

Ideally I'd like to get this done ASAP, as I use my boat constantly. Any chance I could exchange it for the 2000GPH Rule 207F that is shipping std in the '03 SSV ballast?

A speedy response appreciated! Thanks! Keith.

10-18-2002, 04:41 PM
Kieth, Skiers Choice is aware of the recall that was put out by ITT Industries in September, and was a Industry wide notice. Hopefully by next week, Rule will have communicatd with us an exact plan on how this is to be implemented, I will post/or email it to you once this is finalized. Rest assured that this will be taken care of. The recall involved is not a catastrophic issue, it regards that there may be loose screws in the base of the pump. Brian Raymond

Brian Raymond
10-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Keith, Skiers Choice is aware of the recall sent out by ITT Industries in September, this was a Industry notice. We are presently working with Rule as how to work with our Dealer Network, We will know something by next week, and I will postemail you once we find out. This is by no means a catastrophic recall, it is an issue regarding loose screws at the base of the pump. This will be handled through you local dealer. Brian Raymond

keithf
10-18-2002, 05:26 PM
Brian, thanks for the reply. Ok, so I just keep using the ballast system until my dealer contacts me? Sounds good! Thanks! Keith.