PDA

View Full Version : Wave graphic removal

vintner
05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
I removed the wave graphic today and I learned that the heat gun is a great tool but that it should be used to get a peel started. When i peelded while using the gun most of the adhesive stuck to the gelcoat. With the second sticker I just got it started with the heat gun and ended up pulling of smaller pieces but with less adhesive left behind. The second lesson was alternating WD40 and acetone to remove the adhesive. I'd soak with WD 40 and scrape carefully with a razor then wet a cloth with acetone and rub. It took a few rounds of this but was well worth the effort.

05-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Try Motsenbocker's Lift Off 2. It works extreemly well. You can get it at Home Depot in the paint department. Be very careful though, you want to keep it on the rag you use to rub on the sticker (spray on to a rag, rub the moist part of the rag on the sticker, wait 60 seconds, peel from the corner) or protect the area (if you spray directly on to the sticker) so none gets on anything you don't want to remove.

H2Oman
05-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Try Motsenbocker's Lift Off 2. It works extremely well. You can get it at Home Depot in the paint department. Be very careful though, you want to keep it on the rag you use to rub on the sticker (spray on to a rag, rub the moist part of the rag on the sticker, wait 60 seconds, peel from the corner) or protect the area (if you spray directly on to the sticker) so none gets on anything you don't want to remove.