PDA

View Full Version : '89 Comp

Dinoz
05-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Hopefully there is an easy solution to this one. When I'm the only one in the boat running at any speed, it tends to lean quite a bit on the drivers side. This is easy to see because of the spray it creates on that side.

Does anyone else have this problem? You can see that it causes the wake to be un-balanced as well for skiing. I'm not sure how to balance the boat and not load up a ton of stuff in the boat either. Can this be corrected using the wake plate at all?

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

DZ.

shank
05-09-2006, 12:22 AM
I have that same issue, I usually put the cooler in the rear of the boat on the passenger side to compensate while skiing. I havent found adjusting the wake plate to help this much other than the the lower the plate the more sensitive to weight distribution my boat becomes.

Dinoz
05-23-2006, 02:14 PM
After running the boat this weekend, I'm finding that when I drive, and my wife in the spotters seat, the boat leans over, but when we switch, it's perfectly balanced. So the same weight, different postition, different result. Not sure what to do....

DZ..

1988comp
07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
perfect balance is a 200lb watcher and a 140lb driver................so let your wife drive

speedy600
08-26-2006, 02:59 PM
take a 2X4 and flatten the wake plate on the back of the boat with the bottem of the boat. Then turn both scres 2 turns down to eliminate some of the bow rise on takeoff. Then 2-4 revolutions down on the drivers side to counter pitching. Play with it till it works but don't drag the plate to much.

09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
A two-bag ballast system works for that. Everyone has that problem with only a driver, unless you have one of those giant ski boats.

You can put 2 fat-sacks in the back under the floor, and add a pump (replacement pump is about $40), then you can have ballast for either side.

I, personally, have never seen this as a real problem, and I am one-chubby bastard. With my 100lb wife watching and my kid wakeboarding, (we still call it trick-slalom) it will still have a starboard list.