PDA

View Full Version : Question: Remove rear seat/ballast tank 2001 Launch

BillM
05-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the back seat and ballast tank from a 2001 mid engine Launch? At the base of the back rest there are two screws, but the back rest is still fixed at the top. Also, the seat bottom has a cross member bolted to the ballast tank base in the center, but there must still be bolts or screws hidden at both sides under the side upholstery panel. Is this doable? Or were the seat panels put in before the top and bottom of the boat were joined?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Marsh
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA

ForJP
05-25-2007, 05:54 PM
I had to remove the back seat on my 2000 Launch DD to get at the reservoir for the trim tab. First you have to remove the rear seat back by removing the screws that attahed to the ballast tank. It will lift straight up off hooks in the back. Then you have to remove the two arm rests by reaching around between the inside and outside hull space and removing two nuts on each arm rest. You will need to pull inward for the screws to clear the hull then up off a hook near the front of the arm rest. This will expose two screws on each end plus two screws near the middle which when removed will give you the ability to remove the bottom of the rear seat. Now the ballast tank in complete exposed. Mine was not secured to the floor, I was able to lift it up to expose the bilge. The pump did not have a disconnect for the wires so care should be taken not to break the wires.

01sunsportboarder
06-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Also this may be late but remove the back speakers and you can access the front armrest nuts from up in there, a ratcheting box wrench works good. I'm getting ready to do this again as my steering cable is bad for the second time.