PDA

View Full Version : Mocking up my new graphics

TitanTn
01-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I've been slowly working on my list of winter boat projects. The second bilge pump is installed and wired up. I've been doing various small improvements while I have the seats and floors out. I'm finally getting around to ordering my new graphics. I've been mocking up the design originally shown in my poll by Supraddict (see below). But now I'm mocking it up to get the sizing just right. I think I've landed on what I like, but wanted you guys to weigh in. Let me know what you think.

http://i.imgur.com/ZBlIr.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/graphic_placement.jpg

Salty87
01-01-2013, 07:51 PM
i like it. clean and classic look.

Blackntan90
01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
x2 I really like how clean and un-cluttered your boat looks. Sometimes less is more!

TitanTn
01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks guys. Clean and uncluttered is exactly what I like.

csuggs
01-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Very nice. I like it a lot!

supraaddict
01-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Looks like it is coming along nicely, are you going with the stripe or without one?

TitanTn
01-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Looks like it is coming along nicely, are you going with the stripe or without one?

I'm still going with the stripe, but I just didn't mock it up. It's going to be about a 1/4" stripe.

csuggs
01-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Have you thought about getting your registration numbers cut from the same color and material?

TitanTn
01-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Have you thought about getting your registration numbers cut from the same color and material?

My registration numbers will be the same material, but can't be the same color. They're actually on the red stripe already. I have made some custom letters (that recently were removed for the sanding by Donny) and will likely go back with what I had. They have an inner drop shadow that gives a soft 3D look. You can get an vague idea from the image below.

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/jocassee/8.jpg

csuggs
01-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Looks really good. I forgot that some boats have a break in the stripe for the reg numbers - mine does not so the numbers have to fo below the stripe.

I hope I get to meet you with your ride some day!

Jetlink
01-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Looks really good. I forgot that some boats have a break in the stripe for the reg numbers - mine does not so the numbers have to fo below the stripe.

I hope I get to meet you with your ride some day!

Rumor has it the meet last July was such a hit that there is going to be a second one, which also means this year it will be the second annual classic meet.

crystal waters
01-02-2013, 12:34 PM
looks awesome! clean and classic!
great job on your part!

TitanTn
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Rumor has it the meet last July was such a hit that there is going to be a second one, which also means this year it will be the second annual classic meet.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Anyone want to volunteering planning for it?

Jetlink
01-02-2013, 08:32 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking too. Anyone want to volunteering planning for it?

Not sure how much help I would be for one down that way again. I'm thinking about trying to get something going up here on Fox Lake like one Saturday a month have a gathering. Might try and organize a northern Michigan one as well. Will have to see how the year shapes up for me though. Laura and I are down for coming down to the Knoxville or Atlanta area or wherever again though!

TitanTn
01-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Not sure how much help I would be for one down that way again. I'm thinking about trying to get something going up here on Fox Lake like one Saturday a month have a gathering. Might try and organize a northern Michigan one as well. Will have to see how the year shapes up for me though. Laura and I are down for coming down to the Knoxville or Atlanta area or wherever again though!

Yeah, with your air taxi, you're good to go! I'll reckon I'll give it another shot for a Southeast event. I'd like to grow the size a little, so it may be on the TN River again, but I'd also like to host it at Lake Jocassee. A beautiful water playground, but that would likely decrease participation unless the location actually drew people from a longer distance.

wspeedin
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
I am hoping ot be able to make it to one this year! If only I could get this damn boat going!!
I would love to come to Lake Jocassee for the reunion, but if you are thinking of having it in TN then I would suggest we try to make some connections with Skiers Choice and see if they would be interested in attending or helping promote. I could give Dan or Amy a call and see what they could help set up.

sybrmike
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Agreed with the above - selection of graphics looks great!

Jetlink
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah, with your air taxi, you're good to go! I'll reckon I'll give it another shot for a Southeast event. I'd like to grow the size a little, so it may be on the TN River again, but I'd also like to host it at Lake Jocassee. A beautiful water playground, but that would likely decrease participation unless the location actually drew people from a longer distance.

I think you did an outstanding job with the organization last time. I say start a little earlier for planning if you are concerned about location and the amount of people you get to actually show up. Start a poll perhaps in a new thread and see what comes of it.

wotan2525
01-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Since our boats are twins, you should probably have 2 sets of those graphics made. I'd hate for my girl to get jealous.

TitanTn
01-03-2013, 09:56 PM
I think you did an outstanding job with the organization last time. I say start a little earlier for planning if you are concerned about location and the amount of people you get to actually show up. Start a poll perhaps in a new thread and see what comes of it.

Kind words my friend. I'll get a poll started soon and see where the conversation goes.

Since our boats are twins, you should probably have 2 sets of those graphics made. I'd hate for my girl to get jealous.

Yeah, she might suddenly feel naked! But if you seriously would like your own set, let me know...