PDA

View Full Version : IPOD

Craig Mandery
05-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know how to hook up an Ipod in a 2006. I do not see any input jacks on the back of the deck. Is it remote somewhere?

lowdrag
05-24-2006, 04:07 AM
I don't have an Ipod but I did set mine up so you can run any MP3 player through the auxilliary input on the deck. You have to buy an adaptor cable for the deck. I got mine through Crutchfields. If you look on the back of the deck there is a round input with several pins in it. You can buy a cable that hooks into that and has RCA inputs on the other end. From there I just went to an electronics store and bought a cable that adapts from a stereo heaphone jack to RCA. That way I can use my MP3 or anyone else's who goes out with us. Just plug it in and select the auxilliary input on the deck. I think Kenwood makes an IPOD control box that probably plugs in to the same port but I imagine it's a little more pricey. The adaptor cable for the deck is about $20.

LVAXIS250R
05-24-2006, 11:42 PM
you can get the kenwood i pod interface and it works great it costs about $75

msutoad
05-26-2006, 06:53 PM
You can get the 25.00 aux port adapter for the kenwood and plug in your iPod with an RCA to mini jack cable. It works pretty good.

The 75.00 iPod box that allows your iPod to charge and plugs into the Aux port is nice, but pretty disfuntional on my 05 Kenwood. The problem is that the head unit will not show the folder structure. So the sound quailty is great, but you have to navigate the menus blindly on the head unit. Now you can see the song name, artist etc, just not the folders. So I opted out for the cheaper solution and it works great for the price.

my .02 only.

selle92
05-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Not much help, but I just put in a sony deck that had an AUX input in the front. I just run my IPOD right into that. Ran a cable out the front of the deck and all the way over to the driver side dash, so I plug in right there. Gives me full access to menu and with the built in volume control on the ipod, I can use that now. The remote that came with the deck is nice, but you have to aim it straight at the deck, so unless I need to change radio stations or CD song, I rarely use the remote now.

Craig Mandery
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks, I ordered the Kenwood i500 it is now $100.00 wow.