PDA

View Full Version : Normal Oil Pressure Range 325hp Indmar

meproff
05-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I am still trying to get the feel of my new 06 24V. It seems the oil pressure drops quite low at idle (just above zero on the gauge), but I get no warning or indication of going into limp mode, and it runs up to about 25 psi at 2500 rpm. Has anyone else noticed this wide range on the oil pressure? It's a new boat with only about 4 hours on it.

What types of oil pressure ranges are normal at idle speed, and at 2500 RPM? And what would I expect to see max PSI at 3500-4000 RPM's?

jdaugherty5
05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
As far as my experience with owning GM engines, this is normal for GM blocks. I seen this on the 350small block, 323 vortec and the 6.6L diesel. My 04 SSV does the same thing, at idle it is below 20psi and goes up when the engine RPMs go up. As for the normal range I can't comment there don't really pay to much attention to it, I just check to make sure it moves and then forget about it. In fact the Duramax Diesel I tow the boat with does the exact same thing. At idle thge engine is around <20psi and can go as high a 60+psi.

IndyMatt
05-24-2006, 07:16 PM
I also get variation in my 04 340hp Indmar Assault MPI but not that great of a range. Im not saying there is a problem but its definitely worth looking into. I typically get approximately 40psi to 65psi; Idle to WOT. I think the thing that would mostly get my attention is the pressure dropping to near zero. If your not getting a warning it may be a guage problem and inacurate all together. I would encourage you to follow up with your dealer or indmar~ Let us know what you find out.