PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Brian - stereo popping

lowdrag
05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Can anyone from Skiers Choice give a good answer to this. It seems like a lot of people are having problems with popping in their stereos when the wake plate is adjusted. Many dealers are telling people that this is normal and they should learn to deal with it. At least one person I've heard of has mentioned something to the fact that his dealer knew of a factory fix for this and took care of the problem for him. What's the fix for this or is there one at this time?

05-28-2006, 01:07 AM
ground loop isolator, avail at radio shak

Sittingduck
05-31-2006, 07:30 PM
This should only accure when you start or stop to move the plate, It should not keep on popping when you are moving the wake plate. Now if it does it is kinda on the line as when you hear the WHINE in your car. How ever there is no fix for this because of the close proximity of the 2 devices. It is not unique to Supra boats but all devices mixed with a stereo. There are some "IN LINE FIXES" you can use. Just head down to your local Stereo shop and see if they can get you closer to the bottom of the issue.

Ducken

06-01-2006, 12:39 AM
I've heard word from several people that there is a fix from Skiers Choice. It seems there is a relay that they add in to the loop for the wakeplate switch that takes care of the problem.

lowdrag
06-01-2006, 12:41 AM
The word I've heard is that this is not normal and there is a fix. Supposedly there is a relay that gets added somewhere in the loop for the wakeplate and that takes care of it.

hunter05
06-07-2006, 06:45 PM
I have a 2005 launch 21v exact same problem. Also does you oil pressure gauge jitter arond?

lowdrag
06-08-2006, 06:49 AM
My dealer is taking care of the popping problem right now and the fix is a relay kit from Skiers Choice. My oil pressure gauge isn't jittery, but it does fluctuate with engine rpm which is entirely normal. I'd guess if yours behaves differently it's either a loose wire, bad gauge or bad sending unit.

Just one more
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
do you have a part number for the relay kit, my 06 21V does the same thing

lowdrag
06-26-2006, 11:19 PM
I sure don't. Talk to your dealer, it's a warranty fix. It's a black box that gets mounted to the backside of the mounting bracket for the wakeplate pump, between the pump and the back seat. The harness that was plugged into the pump plugs into it and the relay in turn then plugs into the harness on the pump. The positive power hookup for the pump also gets changed. With the addition of the relay, they run the hot wire directly to the positive terminal on the starter and add an inline fuse.

AusBill32
07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
my 06 21v does the same thing - I need to find the part number or some type of reference repair number so I can tell the dealer about it because he's never heard of this before.