PDA

View Full Version : supra conbrio

26brian
06-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Im looking at purchasing a 1990 supra conbrio with 339hrs. Mechanically good, interior has some cracks, hull good, 2 year old trailer. Its located in Michigan asking $8900.00
It is an open bow and I think its a good deal if I can pick it up for 8k. Any info or opinions is greatly appreciated.

OUI
06-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Supra's are great boats - accept they have a tendency to rot. Floor boards, stringers, etc. Turn the lag bolts that attach the motor mounts to the stringers if they turn in place you could have real problem. If there is a marina close by,and if they have a moister meter,have them check out the whole boat.

selle92
06-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Located in Michigan... from a Dealer or party?

I bought my '91 Mariah out in Michigan last year (I live in MN). It only had 207hrs on it (babied) and I was a little leary at the low hours.. No trailer in asking price of $8500...

I got it thru a dealer, so that made me a little less jittery. Talked to sales enough times where they saw the area code and picked up the phone saying.. Hello Joe. They sent me pics of interior, motor, etc.. but the one thing I went on trust was stringers and any dry rot it might have had.

floor does have a few soft spots, but nothing real major yet... I really think it was well maintained and kept up. I was shocked it was in such great condition to be honest.

sounds about right for the price to me I guess considering it has a few more hours but does include the trailer. Doesn't hurt to try lower though. If posssible, would have it looked over if you can get out there or before you buy, if not going thru a dealer.. IMO.

26brian
06-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Its a private party. Said there are no soft spots in floor. If the lags are bad how major is it to fix? I am very mechanical. Does it require you to pull the motor? Thanks your info is appreciated.

06-01-2006, 11:18 PM
GO FOR IT MAN, I OWN A 91 CONBRIO AND LOVE IT. ITS JUST LIKE THE COMP EXCEPT
ITS OPEN BOW. IVE TURNED DOWN OFFERS OF TEN THOUSAND FOR MINE, SOUNDS LIKE
THE ONE YOUR LOOKING AT MIGHT NEED A LITTLE INTERIOR WORK, AS FAR AS THE
STRINGERS GO, MOST OF THE PROBLEMS WITH ROTTEN STRINGERS WERE FROM
THE EARLY 80'S. BUT NO DOUBT, I WOULD HAVE THEM CHECKED OUT.

06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
IVE GOT A 91 CONBRIO AND LOVE IT. ITS THE SAME AS THE COMP, ONLY DIFFERENCE
IS THE CONBRIO IS OPEN BOW. (EXTRA ROOM IS NICE.) MOST OF THE PROBLEMS WITH
ROTTING STRINGERS WERE IN EARLY 80'S BOATS. BUT NO DOUBT I WOULD HAVE THEM
CHECKED OUT PRIOR TO PURCHASING BOAT. I HAD AN OLDER COMP AND HAD TO
REPLACE THE STRINGERS AND FLOOR. (EXPENSIVE JOB). AS FAR AS PRICE, IVE BEEN
OFFERED ELEVEN THOUSAND FOR MINE AND TURNED IT DOWN. IT JUST DEPENDS ON
HOW MUCH INTERIOIR WORK IS NEEDED. GOOD LUCK