PDA

View Full Version : 21V Cavitation problems

sthaywood
06-10-2006, 03:05 PM
I have and 2006 21V and anytime I put 6-7 people in the boat we have a cavitation issue. I have not pulled anything yet, but it would cavitate in choppy water, and anytime you put it a turn. I changed to the wakeboard prop, and I do not like it at all. Please give me some suggestions. I don't think a boat with an MSRP of $50,000 should have issues like this.

lowdrag
06-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Just out of curiousity did the wakeboard prop end your cavitation issue and why don't you like the wakeboard prop?

Diggs
06-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah I have owned 2 21v's (05' and an 06") no cavitataion on either of mine. I run the wakeboard prop and it is awesome. Why do you not like it? Are you sure it is cavitation and not some form of slipping?

cav21v
06-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I have a 2005 21V with a 13.7X17.5 prop. I get slipping or cavitating when I am pulling 2 tubes in tight turns. I also have problems surfing at 10MPH. Is this slipping in the transmission or cavatation problems under a heavy load?

My dealer said not to switch to the 14.25X14 prop because I will loose all top end speed for sking and tubing? Anybody have any experiance with this prop on a 21v?

Diggs
07-03-2006, 09:38 AM
No, I can't say I have those problems. Get your dealer in the boat with you and duplicate the problem.
Side note are you really pulling skiers and tubers at over 40+ MPH? I hope not..... The wakeboard prop does not lose that much top speed. I can still hit about 40 mph or close with mine.

Just one more
07-03-2006, 10:55 AM
what is the shaft dia. on the 21v. i am having problem comming out of the hole with bags full and 6 P.O.B. was thinking that a wakeboard prop would cure this.

Diggs
07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
not sure of the specs, but yes it helps a ton. the newest wakeboard prop will help drastically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SZEH
07-03-2006, 05:45 PM
I have an '06 21V with the 340hp and the wake board prop. Have never had any cavitation prob either with wake boarding, or surfing...and that's also with full bags and about 8-10 people. But this is also in pretty smooth water. Now...I have had a little cavitation just running the boat through our main channel on our lake, but those are some pretty good sizes waves and wakes we run through. Cavitation is expected when the boat is being bounced all over and the prop is coming close to the surface. Diggs is right...get your dealer to go with you and try to replicate the problem.

Never heard why stahywood didn't like the wake board prop and did it fix the cavitaion problem???

lowdrag
07-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Prop shaft is 1 1/8.

Just one more
07-04-2006, 01:09 PM
have been doing some research on props, not sure if it is marketing or not, but acme props spec's are looking pretty good. they are quite different than the prop offered from S.C. any input on what direction to go?

Diggs
07-06-2006, 04:55 AM
my suggestion would be to just go with the prop that supra offers. it is the 06' wakeboard prop. I believe it is made by OJ. Then you know you can't go wrong and get back on the water full force..... We all stand behind that prop
had over 3000lbs in the boat this weekend and could still pop right out of the hole even with the wake plate partially up

Just one more
07-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Well after much debate and research i have decided to go with the acme prop. the reasons why are, acme's tech support vs S.C. and my dealership, shipped to my door with a prop puller kit and prop bag about 85.00 cheaper and last but not least is the 30 day dont like it return it for a full refund. that was the clincher. so we will see. here are the stats.

Materials: Nibral Pitch: 14 1/4 $ 385.20 plus the puller set and bag 109.00
Blades: 4 Rotation: L
Diameter: 14 1/2 Shaft: 1 1/8

1235 ACME
Cup Size: .105

nani
07-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Please let us know what you think of the new prop!

Just one more
07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Should be in next week, boat is at the dealership getting the electronic throttle looked at. see my post on lag in throttle/PP not playing well with others. According to Acme people that try their props only have one thing to say, WOW. We will see, cus right now the boat cant get out of its own way comming out of the hole with full ballast and 4POB.
i am currently running the stock 13.7 x 17.5 4blade cnc from S.C.

moodaddy
07-12-2006, 11:07 PM
I have an upgraded prop as well, the "wakeboard" prop not sure if it is the one from CNC, my dealer put it on. The boat is flat out sick. I load up all the factory ballast and add another 400lb bag in the middle or left and never had a prob with hole shot or cavation. Of course I am not some guy trying to barefoot behind a wakeboard boat either. We surf skate and wakeboard. And pull the kids on the tube occasionaly.

Just one more
08-16-2006, 01:12 AM
well it took the dealership a month to get their act together with SC, so we could get our boat. put the new prop on this weekend and all i have to say holly $$^& what amazing difference this prop makes. there is no cavitation, the boat comes out of the hole with bags full 5 POB and one rider like we were totaly empty. the boat has the rider up and out with just a touch of throttle and is up to speed in about 2 boat lenghts. i am so impressed with this prop, SC should make this their boat standard. with 50 hours on the boat before the new prop and totaly unimpressed with the boats performance and it's ability to get out of it's own way, i was quite bummed out with my purchase. this prop has change all of that and i can't tell you all how great it is to have something that works as avertised. Acme wakeboard props ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Diggs
08-17-2006, 02:35 PM
good to hear and as we are all happy to say "we told you so" OJ and ACME both make great new wakeboard props