PDA

View Full Version : blower question

Ironcross25
06-15-2006, 08:53 AM
on my 86 marauder when I turn my blower on it sounds weak. When you turn on blowers in other boats they sound like there running strong and smooth. Mine sometimes hesitates when I pull the switch on before starting to run. Any suggestion? What is the process of replacing one. I wouldnt think it would be to hard. Any input would be greatly appretiated.
nick

myturndad
06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
ironcross, when I used to have my outback, it made a horrible sound so I went to boaters world and purchased a new one. Less than $25 buck.

It was located between the rear storage and the transom. It was more of a pain to find than it was to replace.

After I put the new one in I almost killed the battery because I could barely hear the new one

skiman_61
06-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Quick fix: spray some WD-40 in there. Bearings probably going bad, that's whats making the noise. Lubricant will keep it quiet and make it last until you get a new one

07-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Really easy to replace I have done mine twice. Take out the liner in your trunk and everything is right there. The blowers were easy to find and cheap!

07-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Really easy to replace I have done mine twice. Take out the liner in your trunk and everything is right there. The blowers were easy to find and cheap!