PDA

View Full Version : 89 Comp Project

agetech
06-17-2006, 11:51 PM
My 89 Comp Project Boat. Work so far includes new interior, GT40P heads, Edelbrock intake, proX tower, 2004 graphics. Next project is the trailer.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/agetech/supra9.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/agetech/supra5.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/agetech/supra2.jpg

SnowRacer
06-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Where did you get those graphics and what did they cost?? They look awesome!!

selle92
06-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Those newer graphics look great on an older boat!

curious on the cost as well.

but, there is something about the older multi pinstrips that I still love.

Dinoz
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Great looking boat!!

I'd love to get a hold of the graphics as well. I had some made from a vinal shop here in Ontario, but nothing like the factory stuff. Great to see a skier on this site. Question for ya, I have an '89 Comp as well, but I'm strugling with the plate set up, how do you have your plate set? And at what speed and rope length to you typically ski? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

DZ.

agetech
06-19-2006, 03:22 PM
The graphics were ordered from a Supra dealer in Kansas City, they were less than $200 for the pair, but I don't remember the exact price. I had several different choices at the time. The wake plate is positioned about a quarter of an inch down from the bottom of the hull, this seems like the best place for this boat.

Dinoz
06-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Regarding the plate, Where would you say the "bump" is located if you are skiing at 15' off? I'm noticing that we are catching the tail end of the bump at 32mph. Thanks again for the help.

DZ.

DKJBama92Mariah
06-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Agetec,

How did the edelbrock intake work out for you? I've been toying with that idea for a couple years. Did it improve performance much? Did you have to rejet your carb?

Thanks,
DKJ

agetech
06-20-2006, 03:31 PM
If anyone has any questions about this boat, I would be happy to answer them. If you would send an e-mail to me I will send you my cell number. Or you can send me your number, I always have time to talk boats. My e-mail is [email protected]

I'll be waiting to hear from anyone. But right now I'm headed to the river.

FlyruH2O
10-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Here's to Dreams coming True! First off...I am a new Supra 89Comp owner. I am still giddy about owning my first top-shelf tow boat :D
I want to thank agetech for his willingness in giving me some direction.

I have a project on my hands but I am pretty stoked about the potential reward. ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT SUPPLIERS , RESOURCES, OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! My motor only has 516hrs on it. I am certain that it may need a little TLC (I hope only a little). The interior needs to be totally cleaned. I need to rebuild the rear seat frame and still determine if the seats themselves are salvageable or not. The gel coat looks pretty good and I will attempting to restore its original beauty soon. (Any good products :?: ) I will post pics when I have a chance.