PDA

View Full Version : Trailer length and width

chevyluv
01-11-2013, 07:44 PM
well ive been working on a garage for the last 6 months in preparation to get a boat and im at the point now of getting a garage door put on i extended the roof an extra foot to try and get some more length out of it but in order to bring my wall out to that i will need to ad onto my foundation if i have enough length already id like to just stop where it is and have extra overhang.

so ive been looking at late 90's supra comps and am just wondering how long they are and if 21 deep by 10 wide will give me enough room to get it in and close the door. i realize this will proably be tight but i was working with an existing foundation i can extend it anoth 12 inchs

Jetlink
01-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Just a quick point of reference, I pay $10 per foot to store my boat for the winter. I pay a total of $250 though I might be able to squeeze by with paying only $240...that works out to about 24-25 foot length from tongue to swim platform on my set up, 86 comp. Granted my trailer is original and lacks such nice features as a swing away tongue... Food for thought though, 21 feet sounds a little short on lengthwise space.

haugy
01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Supra Comp is 19'8", add the swim platform (say 14") and you will be right at 20' 10". Then the extra length on the trailer tongue. I think 21" is going to be too tight to fit it in there straight.

My Mariah was 20'9" I think, and it squeezed into a 24' spot just barely with inches to spare on the front and back.

chevyluv
01-15-2013, 10:39 PM
well il definitely be extending it the 15 inches i have a little room out the back to so i should be ok then .

jasun
01-17-2013, 12:33 PM
are you talking inside dims or the footprint of the building? I have a 16'x24' and actual measurement inside is closer to 23'. My Saltare barely fits (the trailer does not fit ) with the swim platform off and it is a 23' boat. I would give an extra foot to be safe.

suprasam
01-17-2013, 01:33 PM
It sounds like your going to be really close or its going to be expensive to add the additional feet to your foundation you already have. My trailer has a pull away tongue, but I have seen these done right and work very well. There are a couple of other sites out there so do your research, but this look like a cheaper easier way around your issue. This can know off feet roughly from your overall length of space needed.
http://www.pacifictrailers.com/swing-away-trailer-tongue-kits-pivot-hitch-kits-fulton-fold-away-hinge-kits/

chevyluv
01-17-2013, 07:44 PM
are you talking inside dims or the footprint of the building? I have a 16'x24' and actual measurement inside is closer to 23'. My Saltare barely fits (the trailer does not fit ) with the swim platform off and it is a 23' boat. I would give an extra foot to be safe.

thanks for the tips ya i it will be tight i haven't built the back onto it yet the pad drops off but the plan was to always put a shop on the lower pad if the end of the trailer has to hang off the back a bit its not big deal il have an additional 14 feet out the back. and if i find it way to tight i can always store my truck i have for towing at my house and store the boat off site i would like to store both at my house though which would be nice.