PDA

View Full Version : Finally got it home!

pctarmor
01-12-2013, 02:17 PM
It was a long day but after 15 hours on the road I rolled in home with my new 2007 22SSV. I lucked out with the weather and was able to take the test drive in 70 degrees. All systems checked out great with the exception of some stereo quirks. It has 4 Wetsound REV 10s which I honestly think might be a little overkill for us. Its kind of crowded on the tower and I bump my head on them. I'm thinking of getting rid of 2 of them sometime before summer but I'm on the fence.
I think the stereo is wired a little wierd as one of the subs ins't working right and the tone/sound of the system is not what I would have expected.
There is a big Kenwood Xcelon amp, a Kenwood sub amp (I'm assuming stock), and 2 large wetsound amps for the tower speakers. I have to get in with a flashlight and see what stuff is wired where and the models of the amps to make sure its all good.
Now just have to wait for spring.....
Thanks for everyone who helped answer questions for me. It fits in the garage just perfect and the family loves it!

KG's Supra24
01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Great looking boat. Congrats.

Sounds like they may have tried to rework factory wiring (or even left it) in the boat which was pretty bad. Might be the source of the glitches. Get equipment model numbers and work from there.

Im running 4 rev10s and decided to go with a staggered stance on the tower to save headroom in the middle to walk thru. Might be something to consider.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

beat taco
01-12-2013, 05:53 PM
I saw your other thread and agreed towing without the cover was the way to go. I have two Wetsounds pro 80's that are insanely loud. I would definitely upgrade them to two rev 10's if you decide to sell them! Nice ride, enjoy!

SupraLaunch21V
01-12-2013, 09:56 PM
boat looks really sharp, you'll definitely enjoy it. At least now you know what to do with your 'winter' project list and where to start. Glad everything worked out for you.

pctarmor
01-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I bought it in TN but it was registered in Mississippi. I live north of St. Louis in Hannibal, it was a pretty easy drive but I'm in no hurry to tow it over 8 hours in any direction anytime soon.
It has 278 hours.
I have my work cut out for me this winter with the stereo, I was messing around with it last night and I think I need to rip everything out and start over.
My wife and I decided that we only want one set of the REV10s so I'll be looking to sell the other set.
I'd rather not hit my head all summer and its a little much for the kiddos. I can always upgrade in a few years if we need to.
Stereo autopsy pics to come....

TitanTn
01-13-2013, 09:08 PM
I think MS is Missouri. MI is Mississippi I'm pretty sure. Michigan has a boat registration letter shortcut that doesn't look anything like the word Michigan.

Jetlink
01-13-2013, 09:16 PM
It's MC I wanna say for Michigan.

TitanTn
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
It's MC I wanna say for Michigan.

Yep, I think you're right.

supraaddict
01-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Nice purchase, love the blue!

Launch SL
01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Great looking 22ssv got a07 ssv also with wetsounds pro 80 , would like to upgrade what do you want for your extra set of rev 10

pctarmor
01-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Shoot me a PM with an offer. I have another guy interested but nothing is final yet. I also have the factory neoprene covers I'll throw in.

bgoslin
01-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Nice Supra

HIFLYR
02-03-2013, 09:49 PM
I bought it in TN but it was registered in Mississippi. I live north of St. Louis in Hannibal, it was a pretty easy drive but I'm in no hurry to tow it over 8 hours in any direction anytime soon.
It has 278 hours.
I have my work cut out for me this winter with the stereo, I was messing around with it last night and I think I need to rip everything out and start over.
My wife and I decided that we only want one set of the REV10s so I'll be looking to sell the other set.
I'd rather not hit my head all summer and its a little much for the kiddos. I can always upgrade in a few years if we need to.
Stereo autopsy pics to come....

I think I looked at that boat before I bought my 07 24ssv was it at Pickwick?

pctarmor
02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes it was at Pickwick. Dianne was super helpful.