PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get anxious.

gogger
01-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I talked to Donny a couple weeks ago and since I wasn't in a big hurry to get my boat back he put another one ahead of it. But I am ready for him to start it now. I am having him add a tower. I think I like the monster tower MT2. I think it would look the best. Any one have the same tower on their boat? Any input?

gogger
01-19-2013, 12:12 PM
http://shop.monstertower.com/p-99-mt2-universal-wakeboard-tower.aspx

haugy
01-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Ha, I clicked on the link and the first thing that came up was the reverse forward facing tower. I thought to myself, dear god I hope he doesn't put that on the pirata.

Then I realized it's a classic style. Much better.

inair
01-19-2013, 02:31 PM
I dropped my Sun Sport off there one week ago today. I didn't ask how many were in front of me but he assured me that by early April it would be finished. At the time there were two Sun Sports and one Saltair in his shop with the tops off and in varying stages of the process. I have other things I want to do to the boat before I put her in the water this year so.....keeping my fingers crossed :)

gogger
01-20-2013, 08:55 AM
I will give him a call and tell him which tower I want and see what he has to say about time. Hopefully he will start on mine next. I have a box of hardware I forgot to put in the boat, have to mail that to him also. When I get it back I want to switch out the distributor and get the 454 on Electronic ignition.

inair
01-20-2013, 11:15 AM
When I drove up there on Mon. it was raining buckets. We drove up on I575 just for fun and when we went through Madisonville TN we stopped at Bentons. I don't know if you all have heard of them but they produce artisan pork products like old fashioned ham and bacon. I have ordered from them for years and really love their products. I had no idea they were located there along the road and when I saw the sign we just had to stop. Anyway, while in the parking lot a guy bumped us with his truck. So I ended up standing out in the rain with this guy checking for damage (there was non). I got soaking wet and then had to get in and out parking the boat and getting set to leave the boat with Donny. Really kind of rushed and quite uncomfortable. Never even thought of taking pictures till we were on the road home! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it :)

I did call Billy Holt. He seems really busy on projects right now but I emailed him pics of the boat so we could talk carpet. He's probably a little miffed at me because I talked to him about re-doing the interior and then had to bail to get the stringers done first. I kind of stammered when he asked how I had heard of him because I didn't think he would know of this board and when put on the spot I couldn't remember your name!

TitanTn
01-20-2013, 04:50 PM
I think we should request a full time web cam installed at Donny's so we can all monitor progress. Since both Gogger and Inair are from Atlanta, and Ngavdba's friend is presumably from Atlanta, this might be a big contingent of our 2013 Supra Reunion. We all have a lot riding on his progress!

inair
01-20-2013, 06:47 PM
I think thats a great idea Titan! We could probably increase productivity by a wide margin by monitoring break times, on time performance, bathroom breaks, BSing with folks who drop by the shop etc....Get these boats done! I think Donny would have a good laugh if he had any idea we were joking about it too :) With all the boats piled up out side It did occure to me that he might be able to use another body around there but after talking to him for a while he made me a believer so I'll just try to stay busy enough to not think about it for a couple months. Beats the heck out of ME trying to get it done by April!

gogger
01-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Doubt if he agrees to the webcam. Would be too much like big brother watching. We always have had cameras in the prisons, but now they are in the process of adding about 30 more. There will be no where to hide.