PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram for 2000 comp?

hyghoctane
01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Anybody have a wiring diagram of a 2000 supra comp? Looking for one for my buddy who is have electrical issues

Jeff Rowland - Hygh Octane Graphics

Jetlink
01-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Try this link, granted it is for a much older year but you might find that the harness hasnt changed much.

http://www.supraboats.com/downloads/downloads/89_Comp-Conbrio_Owner_Manual.pdf

autobahnracing
01-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Anybody have a wiring diagram of a 2000 supra comp? Looking for one for my buddy who is have electrical issues

Jeff Rowland - Hygh Octane Graphics

What do you need? I have a '99 sitting in the garage I could take pictures of or try to help. I tried to get help on a simple wiring problem last summer but no one responded.

kriley
01-26-2013, 08:01 PM
I have a 90 comp diagram - I don't know if it will help - let me know!

Jeffrey
01-27-2013, 09:08 PM
I just completed a fair amount of electrical work on my 2000 comp. Literally nothing worked on it when I purchased it last fall off ebay. Instead of buying a new medallion MDC gauge controller, I put some autometer gauges I had lying around the garage. They work great too. Even the tach. But also the navigation lights, courtesy lights, hour meter didn't work and I traced the cause to poor grounding. It seemed the fuse panel under the dash wasn't providing a good ground so I cut and re-routed most of the black wires to a new bus bar I installed that was wired directly back to the negative battery terminal. After that the lights worked great after that.

Also too, 13 years of use in Florida produced a fair amount of corrosion on all my electrical connections and terminals. I spent a long time tracing wires and either replaced terminal ends or wire brushed them till shiny again using a drill brush. Particularly the orange wire at the alternator, all the engine grounds, and the 50 amp circuit breaker area with numerous red wires leading to the starter. It does take significant time and effort to do this, but I feel so much better going out on this older boat.

I learned that just because you see 12 volts at the light fitting using a multimeter (in my case it was for the white stern nav light), it doesn't mean enough current will flow to make the light work. It wasn't until I re-routed the black wire in that bundle of wires to my negative bus bar that the light started working just fine.