PDA

View Full Version : Planning the 2013 Supra Reunion

TitanTn
01-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Most of you should remember the 2012 Supra Reunion, even if it was just from the pictures. We had a great time and are looking to expand participation this year. I can't say that this time exactly what will be happening, but more will come as we work out the details and nail down specifics. I can promise this, if you like Supras, or even just like being on the water with good people, you won't want to miss this event.

I'm starting a poll to narrow down some date options. Please only respond to the date portion if there is a chance you might attend.

TitanTn
01-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Here's the pic thread from last year.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?11248-Pics-from-Supra-reunion-weekend&highlight=supra+reunion

gogger
01-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Planning on the same location? I plan on making this a must do this summer. I am sure I will want to show of the pirata.

Jetlink
01-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Rob, there is a strong pssibility that we will be attending again, however my schedule is not set yet and is bound to change so, I will refrain from voting at the moment and just do my best to attend again.

TitanTn
01-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Planning on the same location? I plan on making this a must do this summer. I am sure I will want to show of the pirata.

Likely, but not 100% sure yet. Wanting to make it convenient for those coming both from the south and north.

Rob, there is a strong pssibility that we will be attending again, however my schedule is not set yet and is bound to change so, I will refrain from voting at the moment and just do my best to attend again.

I'm really hoping you can Ben. I'd like a second chance at giving you a pull.

sybrmike
01-20-2013, 10:10 PM
I know, call me a wimp, but at 840 miles - I may have to pass again, but ya'll have fun....

TitanTn
01-20-2013, 10:25 PM
I know, call me a wimp, but at 840 miles - I may have to pass again, but ya'll have fun....

Wow Mike. It ain't nothin but a little tow...

or,

You could just tow 271 miles to Baton Rouge and then motor up the Mississippi. That might be fun! :)

Jetlink
01-20-2013, 11:35 PM
And it's only uphill one way. On the way back it's all down hill back home!

haugy
01-21-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm leaning more towards early June. June 21 is June jam in Guntersville, and Wakefest is July 19.

But who am I kidding, I'll probably bail anyways. :D :D :D Actually I'm going to try and make it if at all possible.

suprasam
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
I am definitly going to try to make it this year, I can't vote yet because we are waiting to find out when my sons travel baseball tournament is exactly. I should find this out within the next week or so. If I come up, I have two friends that will be bring their boats as well (not supra's). Are the places your thinking of having it, have a hotel close by? Thanks

TitanTn
01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
But who am I kidding, I'll probably bail anyways. :D :D :D Actually I'm going to try and make it if at all possible.

You'd better not bail again! Otherwise the entire group will use our time together to plot against you. It won't be pretty...

TitanTn
01-21-2013, 11:25 AM
I am definitly going to try to make it this year, I can't vote yet because we are waiting to find out when my sons travel baseball tournament is exactly. I should find this out within the next week or so. If I come up, I have two friends that will be bring their boats as well (not supra's). Are the places your thinking of having it, have a hotel close by? Thanks

Come one, come all. We'll likely be having it in the same place since it's centrally located. You can stay right on the water (in a hotel room, condo, or house) by going to Island Cove Marina. There are many hotel options right off the interstate in Ooltewah, TN. Alternately, you can camp at Harrison Bay State Park.

http://www.islandcovemarina.us
http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/HarrisonBay/
http://hotelguides.com/tennessee/ooltewah-tn-hotels.html

inair
01-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Well I've been dropping hints about a summer trip and how fun it would be to go with a group of friends. My wife says, "Ya but we don't have a group of boat friends". So I showed her this thread and the pictures from last year. We'll see you at the lake :)

Any of those dates will work for us. Did you all drive RVs or do tents or hotels or combo of those things? We were thinking of renting an RV as a way to experiment and see if we like it for a possible future purchase. Seems like it could be a nice way to go?

Jetlink
01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
My wife and I stayed in a hotel in Knoxville, but that was due to the fact that we couldn't leave Chicago until Friday due to my wife's work schedule and I had to be at work Sunday. We flew in Friday night, drove down for the day on the water, drove back Saturday evening and then flew home first thing Sunday morning. Hopefully this year we can do the full weekend.

TitanTn
01-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Well I've been dropping hints about a summer trip and how fun it would be to go with a group of friends. My wife says, "Ya but we don't have a group of boat friends". So I showed her this thread and the pictures from last year. We'll see you at the lake :)

Any of those dates will work for us. Did you all drive RVs or do tents or hotels or combo of those things? We were thinking of renting an RV as a way to experiment and see if we like it for a possible future purchase. Seems like it could be a nice way to go?

That's awesome! This is really a family event, so we do become like an extended family. It REALLY works since we don't have to see each other everyday...

I took my RV out to the campground last year. Michael Hunter did some tent camping. I know others were interested in hotels, but I'm not sure if anyone ended up staying at one or not. Maybe Ngavdba?

inair
01-21-2013, 05:08 PM
I have a question about this location. A few years ago we took the family to Nickajack lake, some what west of Chattanooga on the TN river. At that time there was a lot of green algae growing in it; so much that it would turn your trunks green and make the bottom of your boat slimy and green within five minutes. It was very unpleasant and we never went back. No one mentioned algae at last years event so it must have been dealt with or perhaps localized to the Nickajack area or just the wrong time of year? Inquiring minds :)

gogger
01-21-2013, 05:11 PM
I already had scheduled the week prior to the early June date off work. So if that winds up being the date, might look into a house or condo rental for the week.

TitanTn
01-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I have a question about this location. A few years ago we took the family to Nickajack lake, some what west of Chattanooga on the TN river. At that time there was a lot of green algae growing in it; so much that it would turn your trunks green and make the bottom of your boat slimy and green within five minutes. It was very unpleasant and we never went back. No one mentioned algae at last years event so it must have been dealt with or perhaps localized to the Nickajack area or just the wrong time of year? Inquiring minds :)

Nickajack is about a 2 hour boat ride southwest, and I haven't been down that way for several years. We did not have any algae issues last year around Harrison Bay although we did have some kind of lilly pad issue that would grow in about 5 foot of water, right up to the water level. It didn't cause any slime or color issues, but I hope they spray for it this year. It didn't happen until later in the summer, and it wasn't really around during the reunion which was early July. I don't blame you for being skittish of Nickajack now. I'm not anticipating anything like this for the Harrison Bay area.

csuggs
01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
I would love to attend and meet some of you guys, but I'm so wrapped up in Wake the World events and other trips this summer . . . . Wake the World in North Carolina, Ohio and West Virginia plus going to the beach in North Carolina. I may try to make it to Wake the World in Kentucky as well. Can't get enough of it!

TitanTn
01-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Oh come on Clint! It's just one more weekend...

gogger
01-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Wake the world in Ohio?

Jetlink
01-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Oh come on Clint! It's just one more weekend...

Adding to this logic, you'll be confused as to where you're supposed to be or what your home looks like with that schedule. Might as well keep the social calendar full!

csuggs
01-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Gogger - Wake the World Ohio will be June 24 on the Scioto River near Columbus. Let me know if you want to help and I'll get you in touch with the right people.

Titan and Jetlink - YOU'RE RIGHT! I would like nothing better than to just load up the truck and boat and be gone all summer! Somehow I think someone else would have a little problem with that! (I actually wanted to cancel the beach trip so I could go on more boat trips . . . . you believe that!) Oh well . . . . you guys schedule the event and if I can figure out a way to make it work I'll do it!

haugy
01-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Haugy, for the love of all things Supra, it's time to call the exterminator!

Annnnnnd ya lost me. :|

csuggs
01-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Haha - that's funny! I guess we think alike! Wake the World has several events in NC. The biggest and original event is at Badin Lake. I went there last year and will be there again this year.

WTW Badin Lake - June 17-18
WTW Lake James - June 20
WTW Lake Norman - this is a new event for this year and I don't have a date

My event (WTW West Virginia) is July 29

And there are others . . . .

There will likely be an event in GA this year - I will keep you posted!

TitanTn
01-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Come on guys. We've got lots of chatter, but very few votes. You won't regret scheduling in this trip. So pick your best date and get your vote in. I want to at least double last year's participation.

gogger
01-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Would love to bring her out for another wake the world. That will only be 20 minutes from the house

Jetlink
01-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Rob, you know my vote... I'll do my best to make whichever weekend you pick work for us.

csuggs
01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
The only weekend I could possibly do is June 29, but I didn't officially vote because I'm doubtful I can pull that off - I've got a busy schedule!

I'll have the boat at Badin Lake, NC from June 15-19 for WTW, then to Columbus, OH on June 24 for WTW. And I'll be at the beach July 13th. One thing I just thought of . . . .
depending on where the event is held, I could maybe make it work June 22 because I will be in NC through the 19th of June. Also, there is another WTW on Lake James, NC on June 20. Having the boat in NC that week anyway may open some possibilities for me, but I need to have the boat back in OH on the 24th.

TitanTn
01-23-2013, 12:22 PM
The only weekend I could possibly do is June 29, but I didn't officially vote because I'm doubtful I can pull that off - I've got a busy schedule!

I'll have the boat at Badin Lake, NC from June 15-19 for WTW, then to Columbus, OH on June 24 for WTW. And I'll be at the beach July 13th. One thing I just thought of . . . .
depending on where the event is held, I could maybe make it work June 22 because I will be in NC through the 19th of June. Also, there is another WTW on Lake James, NC on June 20. Having the boat in NC that week anyway may open some possibilities for me, but I need to have the boat back in OH on the 24th.

Wow. You ARE going to be busy. But I really think the road to Badin Lake swings through Chattanooga either coming or going!

csuggs
01-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah - if only I didn't have to work and I had an endless supply of gasoline! Round trip Parkersburg to Badin Lake to Chattanooga to Columbus to Parkersburg . . . . 1315 miles. At 9 miles/gallon towing that's 146 gallons of gas just for towing, not to mention what I use in the boat. Hmm,, let's see . . . . gas is avg $3.29/gal so I'd have about $500 in towing expense and using the boat for 7 days pretty hard I'd have about $700 in gas for the boat. Not to mention hotel rooms, food, etc. Wow . . . I need a sponsor! :rolleyes:

Loadup
01-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Loadup is there.

gogger
01-23-2013, 04:50 PM
When you get a chance give me the ohio contact. I would be happy to help with more than just taking out the boat.

csuggs
01-23-2013, 05:19 PM
When you get a chance give me the ohio contact. I would be happy to help with more than just taking out the boat.

Sending you a PM. Tell Patrick that Clint sent ya.

TitanTn
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Yeah - if only I didn't have to work and I had an endless supply of gasoline! Round trip Parkersburg to Badin Lake to Chattanooga to Columbus to Parkersburg . . . . 1315 miles. At 9 miles/gallon towing that's 146 gallons of gas just for towing, not to mention what I use in the boat. Hmm,, let's see . . . . gas is avg $3.29/gal so I'd have about $500 in towing expense and using the boat for 7 days pretty hard I'd have about $700 in gas for the boat. Not to mention hotel rooms, food, etc. Wow . . . I need a sponsor! :rolleyes:

Let's recalculate this from my angle. You're going from Badin Lake to Columbus regardless, so we can't count that. Badin Lake to Chattanooga to Columbus is 830 miles. Badin Lake to Columbus is 436 miles. That leaves 394 miles to include the Chattanooga leg. So at 9 mpg you only need an additional 44 gallons and fuel is running $3.15/gallon right now in TN. So that's $138 to include the Chattanooga leg. It's a bargain!

You know I'm just having fun. You obviously have a very full schedule and Wake the World is a wonderful way to give of your time and money. We'd love to have you join us, so maybe we'll just start a Wake the World event in Chattanooga and then you'll have to come!

csuggs
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
I like the way you think! :cool:

There has been a Wake the World in TN in the past but nothing confirmed yet this year. I will let you know . . .

haugy
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Someone claimed they had a spider infestation last year and couldn't attend the reunion ring a bell?

Well that's what I figured you were referencing, but I'm surprised you remembered. Nope, no more spiders, at all. I've found a way to take care of them myself, and it seems to be working well. *crosses fingers*

There are a couple of tourny's I'm going to around that time, so I have to maneuver my play time accordingly. I'd like to bring the wife, but getting the In-laws to babysit for a couple weekends in a row is a lot to ask.

kriley
01-26-2013, 07:07 AM
We can make the July date! Signed up my son for a ski school in NC for late June so can't make those dates. Sign us up!!!!

Adrenalin
02-02-2013, 10:59 PM
This sounds like a good time. I'm going to try and make it.

TitanTn
02-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Voted on July date. I can still do June dates at the moment. Prefer July.

That's looking like the preferred time. Anyone else want to join us? Make your decision and vote today!

This sounds like a good time. I'm going to try and make it.

That's be awesome. We'll make a decision soon on the date and once you put it on your calendar, it'll happen.

TitanTn
02-10-2013, 05:31 PM
So, are we ready to call this? July 13 seems to be the preferred date. Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

TitanTn
02-10-2013, 08:00 PM
To clarify for newbies, is this just one day event or a weekend including the Friday and Sunday?

Well, we can make it what we need to, but based on last year, Saturday was the main event. Some came in on Friday, and some stayed until Sunday. I'll be there all weekend, so come early and stay late.

gogger
02-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Marked the calendar. What lake is it on?

TitanTn
02-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Marked the calendar. What lake is it on?

It's part of the TN River, but is typically called Harrison Bay or Lake Chickamauga. Here is a map to the ramp (this is also the state park where you can camp if desired).

http://goo.gl/maps/HE9Nc

gogger
02-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks, just want to be able to tell the wife where we are going in case she asks.

Jetlink
02-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks, just want to be able to tell the wife where we are going in case she asks.

Just tell her it's a really fun place, fun time, great people and not to worry.

gogger
02-11-2013, 05:01 PM
As long as there will be somebody there for her to drink her Cosmo Martinis with she will be fine. She loves the boat, water, sun and alcohol.

TitanTn
02-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Everyone needs to plan on July 13 for the 2013 Southern Supra Reunion. I'll pull together a list of directions, hotels, etc.

TitanTn
02-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Here's a consolidation of the logistics that I have posted throughout this thread. I'll have a registration form coming up soon.

Map to campground and ramps at Harrison Bay State Park: http://goo.gl/maps/HE9Nc

You can stay right on the water (in a hotel room, condo, or house) by going to Island Cove Marina. There are many hotel options right off the interstate in Ooltewah, TN. Alternately, you can camp at Harrison Bay State Park.

Island Cove - http://www.islandcovemarina.us
Harrison Bay - http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/HarrisonBay/
Ooltewah - http://hotelguides.com/tennessee/ool...tn-hotels.html

TitanTn
02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I've started a new thread for those who plan to attend the Reunion. Please sign up with the form linked from this thread.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?14385-Sign-up-TODAY-for-the-2013-Southern-Supra-Reunion