PDA

View Full Version : Floor underneath Launch Bow filler cushion

pctarmor
01-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Just curious if I am supposed to have a piece of floor board underneath the bow filler cushion of my 22 SSV. It seems like there should be as there are cupholders and a courtesy light under the filler cushion. Doesn't make much sense to me to always have the area covered up by the cushion in case you want drinks and stuff up front.
Anyone have a floor board on their 22SSV?

pctarmor
01-26-2013, 05:28 PM
disregard the pic of the alternator. For some reason I can't get the attachment manager to work right....

thescott
01-27-2013, 03:42 PM
No, they don't come with a floor insert there. Something that bugged me right off the bat when I got my 22. Actually made a two piece floor insert out of marine grade ply and covered w/ marine carpet. When the center ballast fills, it just pushes the floor insert up a bit. When the ballast is empty, it's like a solid floor. Really nice.
I'll try to post up some pics later on.

thescott
01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
K - here are a couple pics of the floor insert we made. Great for added storage without having to put stuff on top of the ballast bag directly in the locker.

Also great spot for your feet when hanging out in the bow w/out the filler cushion.

Diggs
01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Thescott.... That is pretty cool. Looks real good.

pctarmor
01-31-2013, 12:30 PM
That is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for. Anyway you could send me the measurements / template you used? Nice work!

thescott
01-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Sure no problem, I'll see what I can round up and PM you. Not sure if I still have the template lying around...I was originally thinking I could just trace it out but the carpet wraps around the edges, so that's kind of an issue. I'll figure it out this weekend and hook you up with whatever I can. Aside from the second heater and shower we installed, this is my favorite mod we've made to the boat.