PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Texas Moomba/Supra Jam

rdlangston13
02-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Ok folks, the poles are closed and the date is set on August 9-11. Location remains Bethy Creek Resort in Riverside, TX right off of the Trinity River. If you couldn't make it last year then just ask those who where there and they will tell you this is one awesome weekend! Bethy Creek has accommodations that range from cabins with small kitchens to RV sites to primitive tent camp sites so accommodate all budgets (although the cabins with AC are a safe choice to hide away from the Texas heat).

More details will be posted up as we figure them out so stay tuned. If you have any questions about the location or just anything in general feel free to ask!

See Ya'll in August and be sure to visit our FB page!

http://www.facebook.com/MoombaSupraJam

Just and FYI, Hyperlite did a promo photo/video shoot at Bethy Creek this last year so check out this video they made of the location!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151450459668982

kevkev
02-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Booked my room yesterday. Can't wait!!!

rdlangston13
02-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Booked my room yesterday. Can't wait!!!

Dang, I guess i need to get on the ball and book my room!

kevkev
02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
I really didn't feel like sleeping on the lockers again this year :)

Red Raider
02-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Just curios, but why the August date when the survey favored the July date?

dusty2221
02-02-2013, 10:53 PM
I believe the survey was on multiple sites. The results you see here aren't the only votes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

rdlangston13
02-03-2013, 12:49 AM
I believe the survey was on multiple sites. The results you see here aren't the only votes.

^ this along with other reasons such as some people can only make the august date but i heard of no one who cant make it if it is in august sooo yeah

sybrmike
02-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks for pulling this together again. I'll put it on the calendar now & hope the kids commitments don't interfere - sometimes I hate being a responsible parent with family priorities, but don't want my girls ending up like Ole Blue...

rdlangston13
02-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Ok my cabin is booked. Now let the waiting begin!

Sent from my iPhone

rdlangston13
02-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Ok so we have like 8 boats committed so far are about 10 rooms booked. We still have about 8-9 commits that just need I book so if you want to be a part of an awesome weekend then book soon!

Brian from Exile Audio will be there as well as the fellas from Nettles Propellers and Rinkers Boat World in Houston. I will be sure to inform you of any new sponsor updates as we progress.

Sent from my iPhone

dusty2221
02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
We are booked and ready.

rdlangston13
02-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Ok so we have about 9 rooms booked for our event so far. We still have about 8-9 commits that just need to book so if you want to be a part of an awesome weekend then book soon!

Brian from Exile Audio will be there as well as the guys from Nettles Propellers and Rinkers Boat World in Houston. I will be sure to inform you of any new sponsor updates as we progress.

Sent from my iPhone

Ever reread a post you wrote and wonder how that many typos got in there???

kaneboats
02-07-2013, 02:56 PM
I've done that. I'm kinda careful but find stuff all the time when I go back.

Diggs
02-07-2013, 06:24 PM
If I get a wild hair last minute, I might try to jump in if someone has room. I heard MMandley and Brian from Exile are coming from Oregon, but I couldn't commit until last minute. One of these years it would be nice to try and plan it on a weekend that is typically cold and crappy for us Northern folks and nice down there (like april or may). Would be easier to justify. We get so few weekends of nice sunny weather up here that they all get booked up so quick with boating activities.

dusty2221
02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
You got a seat on my boat bud.

sybrmike
02-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah, you yankees sure stick together - Dallas & Portland are both somewhere up in the great NW, right?

O.K., I'll go ahead and start it - if there's any extra room at all on Dusty's boat, I guess that means his mom's not coming?

Last year was great! Gawd, I really hope my schedule stays open again this year...

rdlangston13
02-07-2013, 11:34 PM
If I get a wild hair last minute, I might try to jump in if someone has room. I heard MMandley and Brian from Exile are coming from Oregon, but I couldn't commit until last minute. One of these years it would be nice to try and plan it on a weekend that is typically cold and crappy for us Northern folks and nice down there (like april or may). Would be easier to justify. We get so few weekends of nice sunny weather up here that they all get booked up so quick with boating activities.

Yeah I hear yah. There are a few hurdles we try to avoid which keep it from being in April or May, one we want school to be out so people don't have to worry about that. They can come early and stay late and don't have to worry about the kiddos missing class, two GCWA (local south eastern Texas wakeboard club) has their spring round up in april at Bethy Creek and almost have of the jam people are GCWA members who will be at round up. Two trips to Bethy Creek for a weekend in the same month is hard to pull off for some people and third we try not to interfere with Memorial Day weekend in May, many people make plans.

It's actually pretty hard to find a date that's spread out from all the Holidays in the summer. They seems to be lined up one after the other, Mothers Day, Memorial Day, Fathers Day, 4th of July, Labor Day. So we find late July to early August to be our best bet.

Diggs
02-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Cool thanks guys. Sounds like a blast!

rdlangston13
02-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Got my first ride of the year coming up a week from tomorrow. Pretty excited and ready to get back out there!

ramzak
02-11-2013, 02:42 AM
I have 2 rooms booked... 8 ppl on my boat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rdlangston13
02-11-2013, 05:06 PM
I have 2 rooms booked... 8 ppl on my boat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you RSVP'd on our facebook page?

ramzak
02-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Have you RSVP'd on our facebook page?

No, why do I need to do that?

rdlangston13
02-11-2013, 08:02 PM
No, why do I need to do that?

Helps us keep a more accurate count of who all is coming for food and tshirt purposes. Since we have threads on multiple forums we try and funnel as many people as we can to the FB page.

Sent from my iPhone

ramzak
02-12-2013, 12:24 AM
OK, I believe I did that...

SupraLaunch21V
02-12-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm too far to make it, being on the East Coast. However, I would gladly donate some beer and gas $$ for a 2013 T Shirt! Yahooooo. .Great pics of last year's reunion. Supra on!

rdlangston13
02-13-2013, 03:21 AM
I'm too far to make it, being on the East Coast. However, I would gladly donate some beer and gas $$ for a 2013 T Shirt! Yahooooo. .Great pics of last year's reunion. Supra on!

Give us your size and we will see what we can do.

SupraLaunch21V
02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
hell Yeah! L/XL would be fine. We're thinking of moving to TX in a year or two so who knows maybe I can make the next one. JY

rdlangston13
03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone, here is a video shot on the Trinity River during the Backside 5 fall photo shoot, featuring some local Houston sponsored riders behind a sweet Supra Launch 242!! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rSi-xLM24Ck

rdlangston13
04-22-2013, 04:57 AM
T-SHIRT DESIGN HAS BEEN RELEASED. DESIGNED BY CODY ON THE MOOMBA FORUM, THIS WILL BE THE FRONT AND THE BACK IS AWAITING OFFICIAL RELEASE PENDING SPONSORS

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/jam13-test_zpse19182f4.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/rdlangston13/media/jam13-test_zpse19182f4.jpg.html)

ALSO ANNOUNCING OUT LATEST SPONSOR...

This just in, Doomswell Board Co. from right here in Houston, TX is going to donate one of their boards for the raffle this year! They will also be set up under the pavilion selling boards on Saturday to be sure to check them out, like the facebook page and head on over to their website.

www.doomswell.com

rdlangston13
05-17-2013, 11:26 AM
We are pleased to announce that Bethy Creek Resort has donated a weekend stay in a cabin as well as a weekend campsite for up to 4 people for our Saturday night raffle!

http://www.bethycreek.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bethy-Creek-Resort/161071140575723?fref=ts

Cody
05-31-2013, 01:27 PM
This thread should be a sticky - like the others.

Thanks,
Cody

The boy
07-01-2013, 10:10 PM
we will most defiantly be there

rdlangston13
07-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Just a little update. So we have Rinkers Boat world coming out for the weekend bringing 1 maybe 2 demo boats, one Supra and one Moomba, we have shirts bring made (please post up how many are coming in your party and what sizes they will need), we have a helicopter coming to take pictures/video, Brian from Exile will be there with some prizes for the raffle and giveaways, Doomswell Board Co. is maybe a surf board for the raffle, Nettle Propeller in Austin is coming down to let people demo/buy props, Red Bull will be there with free energy drinks, Bethy Creek Resort has donated a couple of weekend stays for the raffle, and we will have custom made coozies to pass out! This is going to be an awesome weekend!

The boy
07-05-2013, 01:52 PM
that is pretty sweet

sybrmike
07-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Sounds great! I'm in again this year - just don't know what days yet...

rdlangston13
07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Second notification: We need a head count for food and t-shirts. Please post up on here, the Moomba Boats forum, or the facebook page. Include your name, how many are in your party, and how many/what size shirts are needed. We plane to place the food and shirt order early next week.

sybrmike
07-17-2013, 06:48 PM
I put in at Bethy Creek on Sunday & conditions are looking great for the Jam. Water level is up, jungle cut is open, & river is clear of debris...

The boy
07-17-2013, 10:27 PM
i have a question about the river is there a sand bar or beach to go hang out on? and i was also out there sunday put in at highway 19

rdlangston13
07-18-2013, 02:28 AM
i have a question about the river is there a sand bar or beach to go hang out on? and i was also out there sunday put in at highway 19

There is a sand bar in bethy creek where the water is 3-4 ft deep, that is where we all tie up and hang out.

these pictures are all from the sand bar...

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/IMG_5766-2.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/rdlangston13/media/IMG_5766-2.jpg.html)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/IMG_5865.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/rdlangston13/media/IMG_5865.jpg.html)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/IMG_5791.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/rdlangston13/media/IMG_5791.jpg.html)

The boy
07-18-2013, 02:38 PM
thats pretty sweet

rdlangston13
07-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Rick and Amy at Skiers Choice have been huge in making this event a success. It's great people like them and all of the other sponsors that keep this event going.

With that, I am pleased to announce that Sun & Ski Sports as another sponsor for this event. They will be out there with items for raffle, gift cards and store coupons.

Sponsors & Raffle (some items are still being decided):

Skiers Choice - BUILDING THE BOATS ALONG WITH SOME OTHER SURPRISES
Rinkers Boat World - Event BBQ and Bringing boats (Mondo? SC?)
Exile Audio - ZLD, Exile Balls
Nettle Props - Yeti Cooler and a Free Prop Repair
Doomswell - Surf Board
Bethy Creek Resort - 2 cabin weekend stays
Witness Studios - Large prints of your choice
Sun & Ski Sports - raffle items, GC's

I am probably missing items so please forgive me.

Like they say, everything is bigger in Texas!

On behalf of Cody and myself, we thank all of you for helping us keep this going. If we didn't have such a great group of people and sponsors, this event wouldn't exist.

Thanks,
David

sybrmike
07-25-2013, 03:27 PM
You & Cody go ahead and reach around & pat yourselves on the back while your at it (patting each other's would just be wrong). Thanks for pulling all these resources together to make such a great event happen.

rdlangston13
07-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Ok everyone, we have less than two weeks till the 3rd Annual Texas Moomba/Supra Jam and I don't know about ya'll but I can hardly wait!

Here is a rough timeline of events for the weekend.

Friday August 9
From 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - T-shirts will be handed out and raffle tickets will be for sale ($5/each) under the pavilion.
7:00 pm - A group will be heading into Trinity for dinner at El Rancho Viejo to enjoy some Tex-Mex and Margaritas, anyone is welcome to come along!

Saturday August 10
8:30 am - 10:30 am - T-shirts will be handed out and raffle tickets will be for sale ($5/each) under the pavilion.
5:00 pm - The group photo will be taken at the tie up at the sand bar in front of Bethy Creek. If you want in the picture, be in the tie up by 5.
7:30 pm - We will start serving food (BBQ) and raffle tickets will be for sale under the pavilion.
9:00 pm - We will hold the raffle drawing.

You may purchase as many raffle tickets as you want but you must be PRESENT to win.

Saturday if you see a helicopter flying over you on the river be sure to look up and smile and wave...hint hint

Here is a review of items to be raffled off.
Exile ZLD - courtesy of Exile Audio
Roadie 20 YETI Cooler - Courtesy of Nettle Propeller
Gift card for a free propeller repair - Courtesy of Nettle Propeller
1 Free weekend for 4 in a cabin at Bethy Creek Resort - Courtesy of Bethy Creek
1 Free weekend for 4 of camping at Bethy Creek Resort - Courtesy of Bethy Creek
Custom Surf Board - Courtesy of Doomswell Board Co.
Various Gift Cards - Courtesy of Sun and Ski Sports
Large Photo Print of Choice - The Witness Studios Photography

We should also have from free koozies to give away.
Saturday nights dinner is being provided thanks to Rinker's Boat World in Houston, TX. Word on the street is they are trying to get a Mondo and an SC out if they get them in on time...Maybe Rick T can expedite their order....

All extra money earned at the raffle after covering various event expenses will be donated to Adventure Sports Ministries for the 2014 Wake the World event to help bring our favorite pass time to some kids who may not otherwise get the opportunity.

I hope ya'll are ready for a weekend of fun.

Lets be sure to thank all the sponsors who have volunteered their time and money to help make this weekend possible!!!

SKIERS CHOICE
RINKERS BOAT WORLD
EXILE AUDIO
DOOMSWELL BOARD CO
NETTLE PROPELLER
THE WITNESS STUDIOS
BETHY CREEK RESORT
GCWA
SUN AND SKI SPORTS

rdlangston13
08-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Attn all who are attending the 2013 Moomba Supra Texas Jam, at the end of Saturday we would really appreciate it if ya'll came and found myself (David Langston) or Cody Oldham and brought your camera memory cards with all the pictures and videos yall have taken for the event and shared them with us. So take a lot of videos and pictures! Thanks!

dusty2221
08-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Over 30 boats confirmed! We will be there tonight!

sybrmike
08-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Safe travels down. I'm still figuring out how/when/who to be there Saturday...

The boy
08-08-2013, 06:15 PM
we are trying to get there as early as we can