PDA

View Full Version : Question on a peices I noticed on my '91 Mariah

selle92
06-23-2006, 01:21 PM
I was cleaning the boat yesterday, and ran across 4 peices around the edge of the boat that I had never seen or noticed before.

On either side of the outside of the windsheild- just rear of the vents and 2 located at the rear of the boat, there are these little metal tabs that look like CB radio mounting brackets. Square metal peice with a "U" cut-out.. kinda like a hook for a cellphone these days..

What are those for? Looks kind of like a bimini attachement latch, yet there was no bimini that came with the boat, and also no holes or mounting peices in the middle area between these peices where it would have attached.

can anyone fill me in what these were used for?

OUI
06-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Those are fender/bumper brackets. Rather than tying on your bumpers there is a small plastic piece that is attached to your bumper's rope. Then that plastic piece slides into those things. Just like a CB bracket for the mike. It makes it easy to attach your bumpers.

selle92
06-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks.. I swear.. you and I should just email each other!

I actually thought about that after I posted-as what it might be for. Since it would have to be something hanging downward with how it is mounted... a bimini peice would have had to be mounted at an angle so it wouldn't slip out.

Thanks for the 411..

PS.. got some of that 303 stuff you mentioned and used that last night. Works well on the vinyle and fiberglass.. but I didn't like it on the dash as much. Wasn't too bad after alot of buffing and rubbing.. but looked real oily. Any overspray marks had to be rubbed again, cause it looked like water spots from the offspray. Doe look pretty good after dryed, but I didn't think it was much better than just a good soap/water bathing. Maybe it's just me...

getting a good rub down inbetween all the stuff on the dash was a real pain.;)

DKJBama92Mariah
06-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Anybody know a source for those little plastic thingies? Mine are long gone.

DKJ

OUI
06-25-2006, 03:07 PM
West Marine page 616 - Part # 209049

DKJBama92Mariah
06-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks so much. I looked, but just couldnt find them.

DKJ

OUI
06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Here's a link to their website for the part. $3.99 each.

http://westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?resultCt=1&jspStoreDir=wm51&catalog Id=10001&productId=72562&keyword=209049+&y=16&x=7& storeId=10001&ddkey=SiteSearch

selle92
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Was just about to post that link.. I just took a look online and will have to order up a few of those pegs as well. Thanks for the info.