PDA

View Full Version : Tower removal

Aaron187
02-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Has anyone removed their tower and reinstall it? I have a 2005 22ssv thinking about removing the tower and powder coat it black. I kinda like the stainless look now but I have access to a powder coater for free so thought making the boat look like the newer trend with it being black. I will be doing the rims on the trailer too :cool:

Aaron187
02-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Nobody?????

Diggs
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
I have not done it personally, but I have had it done. It should go smooth if you have help and some manpower to bend things a bit to make sure the holes line back up after you are done. Keep in mind you have to re-run your speaker wire and wire from the anchor light. If you have a free powder coater, then it is well worth it.

Salty87
02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
took mine off and was going to powder coat it but rebuild funds ran dry. went with interlux paint instead which is holding up great. but, free powder coating is where it's at.

diggs is right...you'll need some more hands for removal and install otherwise something will get scratched or dinged. i didn't have to pull the wiring. that's always fun [rolls eyes]