PDA

View Full Version : Lag in throttle / PP not playing well with others

Just one more
06-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Anyone else having the following problems?

2006 21v

thottle:

once out of neutral and tranny engaged, it requires me to move the handle to atleast the 9 o'clock position before the rpms start to increase. as i continue to move the handle it is almost bottomed out before i get what i would consider normal out of the hole acceleration.

once the hull is plained out, (which takes a while) the control of speed with the handle is very mushy and unable to maintain a constent speed.

Perfect Pass (not so perfect)
Now you want to see some gooffy stuff throw Perfect pass into the mix and it is a whole different nightmare, heavy surges, disengages every turn at the end of the pass. have reset the system several times.

i am begining to think that this is a problem with ETC (electronic thottle and cruise) throttle by wire system.

does anyone have input or suggestons.

Ed Obermeier
06-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Don't know if this is helpful or not but we encountered this recently on a buddys boat.

Throttle had to be shoved to 9 o'clock position before getting much response, mushy throttle response, had a hard time getting to speed and the PP wouldn't adjust the throttle correctly. Got worse over the next half-hour or so. Finally looked under the motor cover, the knob on the PP servo motor was loose, the set screw had fallen out. Dug around in the bilge, miraculously found the set screw, he even had a set of allen wrenchs in his glovebox. Replaced and tightened the set screw, gave the servo knob a couple of turns to tighten up the string thingy, and the throttle and PP were back to normal just like that!

Check to see if the set screw on your adjustment knob on the servo is loose or is slipping. May or may not be your problem.

Ed

Just one more
06-27-2006, 12:58 PM
thanks i will check it out.

Ed Obermeier
07-09-2006, 08:55 AM
You ever figure out your problem? If so please post it for the communitys benefit.

Just one more
07-14-2006, 01:36 AM
dealer has it and is still waiting for S.C. to get back to them. let you know when they figure it out.

DKJBama92Mariah
07-14-2006, 01:54 AM
That sucks bro. Gotta love a carburetor. Even if they are more efficient, i still think electronics and water just dont mix.

It almost sounds the the throttle actuator is on the fritz.

One of my favorite Star Trek quotes:
Mr Scott: "Aye, sir. The more they over-think the plumin', the easier it is to stop up the drain." Referring to his sabotage of the starship Excelsior in Star Trek III. :p

DKJ

07-14-2006, 08:57 AM
I had some of the same problems on my 06 24GGSSV. Our problems were significantly worse when the boat was loaded with people and ballast. Regarding the boat surging and not keeping speed while PP is engaged: I adjusted the settings in PP (KDW and NN) and it completely corrected the issues. I found some of the info on pg 2 of the WakeboardPro operation instructions manual and the rest from Bryan Raymond.

To access the adjustable parameters: highlight the menu key (>) and press up to highlight wakeboard mode. When wakeboard is highlighted, press down key and the setting screen will appear.
Select KDW - I set mine at 180 - (this keeps the speed very close to set speed, even when we are fully loaded. The higher the number the more aggressive the control is.)
Select NN - I set mine at 110 - (this is keeping the boat at speed with out drifting or surging. This increases and decreases the paddle wheel filtering.).

I hope this help you.

H2Oman

H2Oman
07-14-2006, 09:00 AM
I had some of the same problems on my 06 24GGSSV. Our problems were significantly worse when the boat was loaded with people and ballast. Regarding the boat surging and not keeping speed while PP is engaged: I adjusted the settings in PP (KDW and NN) and it completely corrected the issues. I found some of the info on pg 2 of the WakeboardPro operation instructions manual and the rest from Bryan Raymond.

To access the adjustable parameters: highlight the menu key (>) and press up to highlight wakeboard mode. When wakeboard is highlighted, press down key and the setting screen will appear.
Select KDW - I set mine at 180 - (this keeps the speed very close to set speed, even when we are fully loaded. The higher the number the more aggressive the control is.)
Select NN - I set mine at 110 - (this is keeping the boat at speed with out drifting or surging. This increases and decreases the paddle wheel filtering.).

I hope this help you.

H2Oman