PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find Speedometer replacement for my Comp - Anyone using anyother brand?

kriley
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM
I have been looking for almost a year and I cannot find the "Supra" Speedometers that came originally on the 1990 comp. Has anyone used other brands and if so which ones? The current speedometers work fine but the lens are cracked and worn - It is bugging me. I have looked at about every boat salvage yard in the USA - Skidm doesnt have anything remotly close. Thanks for any help..

ckracing
02-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Airguide???

Jetlink
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
I'd bet money that he has old air guide speedos. Those are tricky to find. Might see if anyone can overhaul them.

inair
02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
If you still have your old speedos, you can have them completely re-done here http://www.classicboatwork.com/classicparts/gauges/gauges.html Classic Boat Works is in CA. You can send them off and in a month or so you will be blown away by what comes back to you in the mail. Mine are there now getting the treatment. A buddy of mine in FL had his done and I was very impressed. I should have mine back in a few weeks and will try to remember to post pics.

kriley
02-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks all! Please post pics inair of your reworked speedo please! I appreciate the help to all!