PDA

View Full Version : My New FULLY CUSTOM Trailer

ramzak
02-19-2013, 09:01 PM
I just took delivery of my brand new FULLY Custom trailer for my 2008 Launch 22SSV Limited
-Black Aluminum I-Beam
-Wheels moved forward from stock for less tongue weight
-LED Lighting
-Tongue Mounted Tool Box
-Brakes
-Spare tire carrier with spare spindle/arm assembly
-Rhino Lined Steps
-Diamond plate tear drop fenders
-Aluminum wheels + spare

ramzak
02-19-2013, 09:10 PM
I have like 20 pics to upload but the damn iphone5 takes them all at over 2MB and that is the limit for upload.... ANy advice?

ramzak
02-19-2013, 09:19 PM

ramzak
02-19-2013, 09:20 PM

supraaddict
02-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Looks sweet! As far as pic upload instructions, the best way to do it is:

1. Set up an account at www.imgur.com (http://www.imgur.com/)
2. Upload all your boat pics (especially the ones that you have from wet sanding and polishing the hull :smile:)
3. Select the pic on imgur.com that you want to put in the Supra forum thread.
4. In the top right corner of the image you select on imgur.com copy the Direct Link (email & IM)
5. It will look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/En3Fi.jpg
6. After you have copied the link, go to your thread on this forum and in your comment place the copied image link from imgur.com between these tags linkyoucopiedgoeshere
7. the forum will automatically size your image to fit on the forum webpages.

ramzak
02-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Looks sweet! As far as pic upload instructions, the best way to do it is:

1. Set up an account at www.imgur.com (http://www.imgur.com/)
2. Upload all your boat pics (especially the ones that you have from wet sanding and polishing the hull :smile:)
3. Select the pic on imgur.com that you want to put in the Supra forum thread.
4. In the top right corner of the image you select on imgur.com copy the Direct Link (email & IM)
5. It will look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/En3Fi.jpg
6. After you have copied the link, go to your thread on this forum and in your comment place the copied image link from imgur.com between these tags linkyoucopiedgoeshere
7. the forum will automatically size your image to fit on the forum webpages.

I will mess around with it later.... But I didnt wet sand and polish my hull... need to though

supraaddict
02-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Have you decided if the bricks are staying, or coming off?

ramzak
02-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Off.... As soon as I find a reasonably priced SUPRA Decal for both sides.

I really like this guys decals...
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?14372-Need-a-poster-of-your-Supra
The first Red one with tribal flames

supraaddict
02-19-2013, 10:48 PM
I like that decal set as well. How about the new style chrome, have you checked prices on them?

ramzak
02-20-2013, 01:55 AM
I like that decal set as well. How about the new style chrome, have you checked prices on them?

$250 a side from Rinkers

michael hunter
02-20-2013, 08:50 AM
What is the tool box for? Does it get in the way of the winch?

ramzak
02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
What is the tool box for? Does it get in the way of the winch?

No it does not get in the way.

I am going to keep a set of tools, a jack, a 4-way, WD-40, tie down straps, zip ties, etc in there.

Diggs
02-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Nice work. That is pretty cool!

haugy
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
No to does not get in the way.

I am going to keep a set of tools, a jack, a 4-way, WD-40, tie down straps, zip ties, etc in there.

Very good idea, I know too many who have been stranded because they didn't have the proper tools to change the trailer tire. Look into a roller jack if you haven't already. I use a sloped stack of wood screwed together. Drive the good tire up on it, and it will lift the bad one off the ground with no real effort.

ramzak
02-21-2013, 02:03 AM
definitely putting a roller jack and a floor jack in there

rdlangston13
02-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Very good idea, I know too many who have been stranded because they didn't have the proper tools to change the trailer tire. Look into a roller jack if you haven't already. I use a sloped stack of wood screwed together. Drive the good tire up on it, and it will lift the bad one off the ground with no real effort.

Simple jack! Been meaning to build one of these for myself!

Sent from my iPhone

ramzak
03-02-2013, 04:17 AM
Building mine now

michael hunter
03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
As long as you will have the room I would add wheel bearings inner and outer ,grease seal and grease. I overheated a wheel bearing on the way to Nashville last year . Good thing I had a well equipped buddy following me.

ramzak
03-03-2013, 11:14 PM
1. New style wheel bearings are sealed and you can't take them apart. I think that's why they call them "the vault" or something cheesy like that.

2. The spare tire carrier has a new bearing/swing arm assembly on it. I just have to undo 1 bolt and swap the arms.

michael hunter
03-04-2013, 09:25 AM
I have the Vault system on the trailer that overheated. It was a brake dragging that caused the problem. The pressure built up in the hub and blew the seal out. Great idea with the spare tire carrier does it have the brake rotor also?

haugy
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
As long as you will have the room I would add wheel bearings inner and outer ,grease seal and grease. I overheated a wheel bearing on the way to Nashville last year . Good thing I had a well equipped buddy following me.

That's a good idea, I need to do that.

1. New style wheel bearings are sealed and you can't take them apart. I think that's why they call them "the vault" or something cheesy like that.

2. The spare tire carrier has a new bearing/swing arm assembly on it. I just have to undo 1 bolt and swap the arms.

Can you take some pictures of how you have it all mounted up. It doesn't look like a swing arm assembly from the back (maybe it's just me). How do you have it mounted to the trailer? I see the 4 bolts, but are they attached to the swing arms? or a bracket holding it? I'm very interested in this, as that's another great being prepared idea.

ramzak
03-04-2013, 05:40 PM
I have the Vault system on the trailer that overheated. It was a brake dragging that caused the problem. The pressure built up in the hub and blew the seal out. Great idea with the spare tire carrier does it have the brake rotor also?

No rotor attached. Trailer manufacturer told me that if the bearing with the rotor blows. Just throw the new swingarm on there without the rotor. Its meant to get you home, not a permanent fix.

Can you take some pictures of how you have it all mounted up. It doesn't look like a swing arm assembly from the back (maybe it's just me). How do you have it mounted to the trailer? I see the 4 bolts, but are they attached to the swing arms? or a bracket holding it? I'm very interested in this, as that's another great being prepared idea.

I will take some pics of it tomorrow