PDA

View Full Version : Sign up TODAY for the 2013 Southern Supra Reunion

TitanTn
02-19-2013, 09:56 PM
When: July 12-14 (come for one day or several)
Where: Harrison Bay State Park

Please complete this registration form: Register Now (http://unum.mkt2189.com/2013Supra)

Map to campground and ramps at Harrison Bay State Park: http://goo.gl/maps/HE9Nc

You can stay right on the water (in a hotel room, condo, or house) by going to Island Cove Marina. There are many hotel options right off the interstate in Ooltewah, TN. Alternately, you can camp at Harrison Bay State Park. You can reserve a site now. Visit the site below.

Island Cove - http://www.islandcovemarina.us
Harrison Bay - http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/HarrisonBay/
Ooltewah - http://hotelguides.com/tennessee/ool...tn-hotels.html

TitanTn
03-02-2013, 08:55 AM
This is a bump to make sure everyone signs up for the reunion.

rdlangston13
03-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Or if you really want to go south, head over to the Texas Jam.

Sorry for the thread jack

Sent from my iPhone

TitanTn
03-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Or if you really want to go south, head over to the Texas Jam.

Sorry for the thread jack

Wow. I'm unsure as to the best response to this. So perhaps I'll just wish you luck in your event as well.

rdlangston13
03-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Haha, go to both events. There is a win win!

Sent from my iPhone

inair
03-03-2013, 01:55 PM
We awoke to SNOW this morning in the Atlanta area! What better time to sign up for a great week-end of warm summer lake time? I'm there people! Mrs Inair is booking a room at the Hampton Inn as I type this.

Thanks Titan for doing all this. Looking forward to meeting all the good folks here.

TitanTn
03-03-2013, 02:02 PM
We're looking forward to seeing the Inair family too. We have some flakes still flying around here in Chattanooga right now, but nothing is sticking. It looks like we'll start warming up later this week and perhaps spring is on the way.

rdlangston13
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Really go south? Any state that borders Mexico is not considered to be a part of the South. Florida is not even considered to be a part of the south when you're born and raised in the south.
I know you guys have your own thread, Facebook page, Twitter feed, or some other social media for your Jam so there is no need to hijack this thread on our Southern Supra Reunion. I accept your apology for the thread jack.

I don't know if you could consider that snow, but when March showed up, so did the cold weather. I'm at the same hotel as of now.

Don't know exactly how you define southern but geographically the only continental state that extends farther south than Texas is Florida...but then again to you they are not part of the south either. Even history wise, Texas fought with the south during the civil war and provided 70,000 troops and had regiments in every major battle throughout the war. Guess that doesn't make us southern either though does it? Maybe it's because Texas is the theme of many country music songs which are mainly listened to in the south?

In any case, I can see how we could not be considered part of the "south" since we are obviously way better than any of the "southern" states.

inair
03-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't know if you could consider that snow, but when March showed up, so did the cold weather. I'm at the same hotel as of now.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I exaggerated a little for dramatic effect :p We lived in Alaska for many years. A few flakes of snow was nothing in those days. I'd go out and fly airplanes around in the boonies at 40 and 50 below zero and think it was great fun. Now, its a different story! I'm completely acclimated to my adopted southern climate. If its colder than 60F I'm freezing.

Jetlink
03-03-2013, 06:53 PM
In any case, I can see how we could not be considered part of the "south" since we are obviously way better than any of the "southern" states.

Yeah, and nobody better mess with Texas!

inair
03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
So my wife has found a deal on renting a motor home and we have been looking at the Harrison Bay campground as an alternative to the hotel. What area did folks camp last year? There are several places that look they could be really nice on the web site but the site map is a computer drawing and you cant really tell what it looks like. If anyone has camped there before it would be great to know the best places. Any info would be great.

Ken

Jetlink
03-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Inair, both TitanTN and family plus Mr. Hunter camped last year I believe. They should be able to chime in better than I will be able to but from what I saw, the camp ground facilities are really nice where they were at. The camp sites are on a first come first serve basis though.

TitanTn
03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
So my wife has found a deal on renting a motor home and we have been looking at the Harrison Bay campground as an alternative to the hotel. What area did folks camp last year? There are several places that look they could be really nice on the web site but the site map is a computer drawing and you cant really tell what it looks like. If anyone has camped there before it would be great to know the best places. Any info would be great.

Ken

Last year we stayed in Loop A, and I'm intending to do it again. Actually, the park just started online reservations, so it's no longer first-come, first-served. You can use the link I included in the first post to get to their site. I have reserved site A18, and I would recommend anything between A15 - A22. There are lots of other good sites, but this puts all of us close and there is plenty of parking for boat trailers, etc.

TitanTn
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
My dilemma with bringing the camper. Ok, if I haul boat up behind camper and then set camper up. How do I pull boat in and out of lake once camper is set up? Only want to set camper up one time not every evening and morning to go pull boat out. What do you guys do?
Hampton Inn has a good breakfast without the hassle.

Is the camper actually a motor home? Otherwise I'm concerned about you hauling the boat behind the camper! If that's the only issue, you're welcome to use my truck to pull the boat out and drop it in.

inair
03-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Titan, that looks great. Thanks for the input. My wife was looking out on the point A37 but it seems a bit exposed. I like your idea.

As far as the camper and getting in and out, I think we will have to tow the boat up with our tow pig anyway since the rental agreement won't allow pulling anything behind the motor home. I know, PITA having two vehicles but the teenagers have spoken; they want to camp. I'll let you know what we decide.

haugy
03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm a 50/50. :D

Well since it's not a big secret around here anymore. Mrs. Haugy will be expecting another bambino this year. So pending how things go determines our plans this year. Y'all know the drill, kinda hard to anchor any plans. They are subject to the cause.

If all goes well I will get down there with the boat. If not, I may have to just run down there camp, and bum a ride. I look great in a bikini, so I can really make the boat look good then. HA HA HA HA

TitanTn
03-04-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm a 50/50. :D

Well since it's not a big secret around here anymore. Mrs. Haugy will be expecting another bambino this year. So pending how things go determines our plans this year. Y'all know the drill, kinda hard to anchor any plans. They are subject to the cause.

If all goes well I will get down there with the boat. If not, I may have to just run down there camp, and bum a ride. I look great in a bikini, so I can really make the boat look good then. HA HA HA HA

Well first off, congratulations! The Haugy family is growing!

BUT, you've been through this before, so you know what's coming. You ditched us last year for spiders. If you don't at least come down for the day, I'm going to contend that Haugy doesn't really exist until we see him in person at the Southern Supra Reunion! Of course if you don't bring the boat we might wonder about that too...

TitanTn
03-05-2013, 09:09 AM
One more thing... if you come down in a bikini we'll act like we don't know you. It's already a little frightening that you think you look good in one!

haugy
03-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I'm going to try. I'm actually bailing on a wakeboard tourny the weekend before so I can have time to come down for this.

I'm not going to lie, though, pulling the boat for one day isn't worth the trouble. But if I can get away for a day or two I will.

What, no banana hammock? :D

haugy
03-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Only time I will not ask for pics.

Of course not silly, I already sent you those to your private email you gave me.

haugy
03-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Well played. *golf clap*

Jdm89supra
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
ok only ben on the site for a few weeks what all goes on at an event like this besides drinking that's always in their

Jetlink
03-14-2013, 12:08 AM
ok only ben on the site for a few weeks what all goes on at an event like this besides drinking that's always in their

Actually, as far as I recall there wasn't any consumption of adult beverages at the event, at least the day that my wife and I were there. It was very family friendly, basically a floatilla of Supra owners talking boats and quite a bit of riding as well. It is a good time for sure and you should try to attend, unless you have to deal with a spider infestation at your house and bail at the last minute...:lol:

Jdm89supra
03-14-2013, 12:12 AM
That's what I was wondering becouse we have Ben to events like this before and they became all out party and we just like to ride and lay back we will more than likely come

haugy
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Actually, as far as I recall there wasn't any consumption of adult beverages at the event

Whoa. Not one? :D Uh-oh I think I hear a swarm of rabid squirrels moving into the attic. I may not make it. :D :D I'm not looking to "all out party", but I do enjoy a tasty beverage from time to time.

And hey, they weren't just spiders, they were brown recluses, in my baby's room and all over the house. Hater. :)

haugy
03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't want to sound like an alcoholic, just wanted to know. :D

TitanTn
03-14-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't want to sound like an alcoholic, just wanted to know. :D

Maybe if you laid off the sauce you wouldn't imagine all these "brown recluses" in the house.

:D:D:D

Loadup
03-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Red solo cup, I fill you up, :rolleyes:

sunmingxing03
04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
This is a bump to make sure everyone signs up for the reunion.

TitanTn
04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the bump! And please sign up for the event using the link in the first post of this thread. The sooner we know how many people are coming, the better we can plan the activities and "special" events.

Jetlink
04-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the bump! And please sign up for the event using the link in the first post of this thread. The sooner we know how many people are coming, the better we can plan the activities and "special" events.

Special events to include maintenance how to seminars right?

TitanTn
04-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Special events to include maintenance how to seminars right?

Absolutely! Some sessions even include video/photo supplements... speaking of which, would you teach the barefoot prop-shaft installation class?

TitanTn
04-14-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't expect sunmingxing03 to show up to Chattanooga from hefeifeicuilu trailering his restored Supra.

Very true. I didn't even look at who did the bump.

haugy
05-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Looks like I'm out guys. We're doing a big family vacation with 4 generations of the clan. Getting it all organized was fun, but it looks like the only week we could get this all arranged is the same weekend of the Reunion.

Sorry to be a flake again.

Jetlink
05-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Typical Haugy... I think you should change your forum name to "Unicorn."

Maybe next year I guess... Oh and I guess I can maybe entertain the idea of bringing my boat since Haugy and his eye for detail won't be there.

Jetlink
05-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Sweet! Titan and Jetlink, I'll take that $50.00 from our bet now.

Is that all the wager amount was? I thought Titan upped the bet.

haugy
05-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Bitches. :D

Jetlink, I'll show up if you split the winnings with me. HA!!! And I busted out laughing at the unicorn.

Don't count your money yet. There is a small fart's chance in a tornado that I might still be able to run down. But the stars will have to align just right.

gogger
05-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Mrs. Gogger made our reservations today at the Hampton Inn about 6 miles away from the Park. So it looks like we are going for sure. Looking forward to it.

TitanTn
05-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Mrs. Gogger made our reservations today at the Hampton Inn about 6 miles away from the Park. So it looks like we are going for sure. Looking forward to it.

Great! It's going to be a fun time.

TitanTn
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Is the white a 0,0,0 or a 0,1,0? :)

Seriously, Daniel put a lot of effort into getting a quality design on this shirt, and is taking care of the ordering process. I know I'll be ordering several shirts. Send him a private message ASAP!

Thanks.

gogger
06-07-2013, 09:09 AM
I would like there to be shirts. I will order several if there are.

gogger
06-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Of course that is if they are made out of a top quality fabric, either a 100% cotton or maybe we could get something like the quick dri material like under armour uses. lol

Loadup
06-07-2013, 03:28 PM
That is a great looking shirt. PM sent for mine.

romulin
06-14-2013, 01:12 PM
This is my first post, but I have been a member for a few years following you guys. I keep my boat on Lake Lanier. My brother-in-law bought the Supra new and kept it in a HVAC controlled warehouse until I bought it about 8 years ago. I'm close friends with NGAVDBA. Donny at Bennetts Boat Repair just finished making some upgrades to my 1990 Saltiare. He buffed out the hull, added a dripless shaft system, new 4-blade prop (awesome performance), new rudder, new folding tower (only did it to keep my teenage kids happy), under water LEDs in the back, new stereo, he had a local upholstery company make a nice tight fitting one piece cockpit cover and Donny did a dozen other little tweaks and such to the boat. Love Bennets! I hope to see you guys at either the TN reunion or Lake Lanier reunion.
Thanks, Brian B.

TitanTn
06-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Awesome looking Salt, Brian. Thanks for posting the pics. I think we just missed each other at Donny's last fall.

I certainly hope you can make it to the Reunion this summer. I'm hoping to get a big group picture of all the classic Supras, and yours would make a great addition.

Loadup
06-14-2013, 03:09 PM
This will be a big Girl show if all the Salts and Piratas are present. Can't wait.
Welcome Brian,

KarolinaKid
06-14-2013, 10:24 PM
PM sent for shirt! Great job.

KarolinaKid
06-14-2013, 10:25 PM
This will be a big Girl show if all the Salts and Piratas are present. Can't wait.
Welcome Brian,

Don't worry, my sexy little Legacy / Comp will be there with her bikini top...might even let the top down!

Jetlink
06-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Don't worry, my sexy little Legacy / Comp will be there with her bikini top...might even let the top down!

Represent for all of us low freeboard owners!

Loadup
06-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Hey Jetlink & Kid, I meet an 85 comp owner yesterday that should show up so there will be two sexy little attendees.

gogger
07-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Did we get a final count on who all is still planning on being there? Told my wife it was going to be a big girl show and she was offended. At this point I think it is going to be just the wife and I. So if anyone needs a ride the Pirata will have some empty seats.

Jetlink
07-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I'll make it official, it has been known to a few select friends of mine that I will not be able to attend this year at all. I had some medical stuff come up that has me going the other way from the meet that very weekend. I am truly bummed as both Laura (my wife) and I were looking forward to this event.

TitanTn
07-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Did we get a final count on who all is still planning on being there? Told my wife it was going to be a big girl show and she was offended. At this point I think it is going to be just the wife and I. So if anyone needs a ride the Pirata will have some empty seats.

About 8 boats at least, we still have a few who haven't completed committed. But those 9 boats are bringing close to 25 people, so we'll have a good-sized group. I know I'll be glad to take a ride in that Pirata if no one else takes you up on that offer!

I'll make it official, it has been known to a few select friends of mine that I will not be able to attend this year at all. I have some medical stuff come up that I has me going the other way from the meet that very weekend. I am truly bummed as both Laura (my wife) and I were looking forward to this event.

I've been holding out that something would change for you. We'll miss having you and Laura here for event, but we'll be sure to talk about you as much as we can!

haugy
07-02-2013, 12:52 PM
I'll make it official, it has been known to a few select friends of mine that I will not be able to attend this year at all. I had some medical stuff come up that has me going the other way from the meet that very weekend. I am truly bummed as both Laura (my wife) and I were looking forward to this event.

Geez, what a flake. :shaking head:

Jetlink
07-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Geez, what a flake. :shaking head:

Says the Unicorn riding Spider Man...:p

haugy
07-02-2013, 12:55 PM
I prefer to be mysterious. :D

MJHKnox
07-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Anyone else coming down from Knoxville?
I'm still planning myself and girlfriend to drive down on Sat AM. Stay SAT night in the campgroud.

Mark
2007 SSV

TitanTn
07-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Anyone else coming down from Knoxville?
I'm still planning myself and girlfriend to drive down on Sat AM. Stay SAT night in the campgroud.

Mark
2007 SSV

I'm not really sure. I didn't have home location on my registration form. Looking at the phone numbers, I'm not seeing any others from Knoxville, but with phone numbers these days, that not entirely conclusive.

It looks like we'll have around 10 boats plus families, so it'll be a decent group. Looking forward to seeing you there!

p.s. If you know of anyone else around your area that might be interested, please invite them to join you. It's going to be a great time with a few little surprises thrown in.

Jetlink
07-03-2013, 11:54 PM
It's going to be a great time with a few little surprises thrown in.

What's on the schedule for maintenance seminars this year? Impeller replacement? :p

gogger
07-04-2013, 07:59 AM
I need a new alternator, just put on a new Holley Carb that needs tuned, and I have an HEI distributor that I would like to put on, think you guys could do seminars on those subjects to? I will bring the parts.

gogger
07-04-2013, 08:00 AM
it needs timed also, but I guess that will be covered in dist replacement.

TitanTn
07-04-2013, 08:03 AM
We'll do our best Gogger. Last year's maintenance session was made possible by Michael Hunter's rolling tool store, but he's not able to make it this year so we'll have to make do with what we have.

And yeah, I think Ngavdba and I can have impeller changing races.

gogger
07-04-2013, 09:53 AM
I will use the Farm Service truck for a tow vehicle, that way we will have all the tools we need, plus generator, welder and cutting torches, just in case. lol

TitanTn
07-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I will use the Farm Service truck for a tow vehicle, that way we will have all the tools we need, plus generator, welder and cutting torches, just in case. lol

Holy smokes! We could have a Extreme Supra Makeover!

Jetlink
07-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Holy smokes! We could have a Extreme Supra Makeover!

"Bus driver!!! Move that bus!!!"

gogger
07-04-2013, 02:04 PM
If they can renovate a house in 3 hours we should be able to do a cap off resto in a weekend.

ibdealing07
07-07-2013, 03:46 PM
We plan on making it down next weekend. We only live 30 minutes or so away. Just waiting on all this rain to get out of here so I can get the oil changed and finish up a few small things. Where does everyone meet at? Is beer allowed on the water at Harrison Bay? What time saturday morning will you guys be on the water?

TitanTn
07-07-2013, 08:19 PM
We plan on making it down next weekend. We only live 30 minutes or so away. Just waiting on all this rain to get out of here so I can get the oil changed and finish up a few small things. Where does everyone meet at? Is beer allowed on the water at Harrison Bay? What time saturday morning will you guys be on the water?

Yeah, hearing you on the rain. It's looking like it should clear up for next weekend, but we'll be keeping an eye out.

We're meeting at Harrison Bay State Park. Be sure to register using the link in the first post of this thread. After you complete it I'll have your contact info and that's how we'll stay in touch. I think beer is allowed, but obviously not while driving. There are a few of us camping, so we'll be there as early as you want to come. I'm guessing we'll actually hit the water in force somewhere around 10 AM as some are not coming in until that morning.

Be sure to complete that registration form and that way we can stay in touch.

gogger
07-07-2013, 09:47 PM
We are coming down Thursday night. Who is going to be there Friday?

TitanTn
07-07-2013, 10:04 PM
We are coming down Thursday night. Who is going to be there Friday?

I'll be coming in Friday afternoon with my camper and then will go back to get the boat. I'll be sending an email out to everyone who's coming that has my cell number. I'll see if maybe I can get there earlier on Friday and get situated with you.

gogger
07-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Don't rush. We will get there and go out on the water. We are staying at a hotel somewhere nearby, my wife made the reservations. Anyone can call and we will come in and meet up.

TitanTn
07-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Heading up Friday afternoon as soon as wife gets off work which she says may be around 1:00p
I'm sure I'll have plenty to do but as soon as I hitch up the boat, I'm heading that way so it may be late afternoon early evening. Short 120 miles but prefer to beat the traffic out of ATL.
I'm staying at same hotel. I would like to get on the water since I haven't been out yet this year (fingers crossed) and stay till dark but if anyone as dinner plans let me know in advance.

Well, Googer should be on the water and I'll be there with the boat about the same time you are. We can definitely hit one of the lake restaurants that evening.

gogger
07-08-2013, 07:38 AM
We will definitely join you guys for dinner. I hope to get some boarding in this weekend. Had the boat out quite a bit, just haven't had a spotter very often so the wife and I have chilled a lot in the cove. Haven't even tried the ballast bags out much.

Loadup
07-08-2013, 10:25 AM
I will plan on a short day Friday to join you guys. I took a nasty spill two weeks ago and bursted ear drum so the Doc. says I have to be a designated driver or spotter now for the rest of summer.

TitanTn
07-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I will plan on a short day Friday to join you guys. I took a nasty spill two weeks ago and bursted ear drum so the Doc. says I have to be a designated driver or spotter now for the rest of summer.

Ouch. Sorry about that, but it sounds like you and Gogger are a match made in heaven!

gogger
07-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Bought some new skis to make the Pirata era correct.
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130708_192959_zps96ebd6bc.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130708_192959_zps96ebd6bc.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130708_193029_zps3b16c107.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130708_193029_zps3b16c107.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130708_193018_zps34744432.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130708_193018_zps34744432.jpg.html)

And then after reading someone tutorial about these items last year, I bought a new one so that I would be sure to have the correct one. My wife guessed as soon as the UPS driver dropped it off, what it was. Can you?

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130708_193054_zps418e6736.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130708_193054_zps418e6736.jpg.html)

TitanTn
07-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm guessing an anchor, and I'm also guessing that it's a Danforth anchor which is exactly the right type for this area.

gogger
07-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Your correct. Was it you that gave the tutorial on Danforth anchors?

TitanTn
07-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Your correct. Was it you that gave the tutorial on Danforth anchors?

I don't remember exactly, but I know I have spoken about them on this forum, so maybe it was. Unless you're dealing with a rocky bottom, there's not much that can match a Danforth with a few feet of chain.

gogger
07-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Got it off Ebay came with the chain too. I haven't opened it up yet. But I liked how they wrapped it.

gogger
07-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Figures this weekend the rain around here would finally stop. We are over a month behind on making hay. If I was a real farmer I would stay home and work on hay. But I think I have worked around it, and will have someone working while I am enjoying being on the water. Hopefully the hay gods are smiling on my fields and we will get caught up by the end of next week. Rained so much last night and today that I didn't get to finish changing the oil, I took the alternator off hoping to find an automotive one that would work, but couldn't so I ordered one from Skidim. It should be here thursday so I guess I will stick it on before we pull out of the driveway. And I still need to time it, and probably should stick in the new impeller while I am at it, since everyone elses seems to be blowing apart.

TitanTn
07-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Bring your parts with you, and we'll finish whatever you need installed.

gogger
07-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Well I could bring the HEI distributor that I have been affraid to try to install

TitanTn
07-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Well I could bring the HEI distributor that I have been affraid to try to install

Seriously Michael Hunter, we need you! Come up for the Reunion!

Loadup
07-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Once you find TDC its a piece of cake. Thats what I remember, and don't cross wires.

haugy
07-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Wow, M. Hunter isn't attending? Oh man, now I'm really not coming. :)

gogger
07-12-2013, 03:14 AM
We rolled in to the Hampton Inn at Exit 11 around 3 am. So we will get a good nights sleep and hopefully be on the water by 11 or 12 friday morning....

TitanTn
07-12-2013, 08:04 AM
We rolled in to the Hampton Inn at Exit 11 around 3 am. So we will get a good nights sleep and hopefully be on the water by 11 or 12 friday morning....

Glad you had a safe trip! I didn't miss you by much since I worked until almost 2 am this morning (last night?). I will be out this this afternoon and will call you. Inair, Loadup , and Ngavdba should also be here this afternoon.

Jetlink
07-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Glad you had a safe trip! I didn't miss you by much since I worked until almost 2 am this morning (last night?). I will be out this this afternoon and will call you. Inair, Loadup , and Ngavdba should also be here this afternoon.

I hate you all...or should it be y'all?

gogger
07-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Well I hope there is a special award for whomever hauled in the farthest. Nothing wanted to go smoothly in getting on the road. I think it was almost 7 before we left the house. Drive went pretty smooth though. And it looks like the weather is going to be great.

That beer tab is going to be a killer, I brought one of the boys, who is a college student so he has a lot of practice. Him and the wife were talking drinking all the way down.

gogger
07-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Headed to the grocery store and then the lake.

Jetlink
07-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Headed to the grocery store and then the lake.

No rest for the weary today huh?

haugy
07-12-2013, 10:22 AM
You have info I don't?

It's not there anymore, but someone mentioned Hunter not coming......???????

Also, I got Haugy's Black AmEx CC number and the weekend beer tab is on him he said. That is so nice of you. We really appreciate your contribution! :D :D :D

I knew I left my wallet somewhere..........................I forgot to check your nightstand..................Make sure you mail it back with my "magic bag" will you? Thanks.

What's the weather looking like down there? We're showing rain all day up here.

Loadup
07-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Radar looks good, Fixing to hit the clock, got to do some last minute shinning then its off to the lake to pop a top.

gogger
07-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Everyone launching at the ramp by the marina? Channel markers? Don't have those at deer creek. Hopefully someone knows their way around here.

Jetlink
07-12-2013, 02:11 PM
I hear that rain is a key component for brown recluse spider growth...

haugy
07-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Now, I know why my wife has been all depressed lately. She's been seeing another man's wallet behind my back and it's very small compared to mine. :D:D

It's not the size of the wallet that counts. It's what you can do with it.....................so with mine that's buy a Big Mac and some gas, and then you're screwed. :D

I hear that rain is a key component for brown recluse spider growth...

Doubt it. I put down enough spider killer to melt them. Happily we rarely see a BR, and if we do, most times they are dead or dying.

Jetlink
07-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Squirrel!!!

gogger
07-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Is there smooth water anywhere here?

haugy
07-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Is there smooth water anywhere here?

Hey, we're trying to hijack and derail this thread. Stop asking legitimate questions. HA!!!!!

I can't help, never been there.

gogger
07-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Yea no hijacking. I drove down from ohio and you couldnt make it from nashville.

2500HD
07-12-2013, 08:07 PM
sounds like someone needs a hug:p

gogger
07-12-2013, 08:08 PM
We just voted and the consensus is haugy doesn't exisist.

2500HD
07-12-2013, 08:09 PM
That does make sense....and you may have proved the existence of skynet

haugy
07-12-2013, 10:48 PM
We just voted and the consensus is haugy doesn't exisist.

Haugy who?

That does make sense....and you may have proved the existence of skynet

HA HA HA HA i almost did a spit take with my beer

TitanTn
07-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Great day with the Supra Reunion crowd. Ended the evening at a restaurant on the water. Good food. A lot of us had our Supra Reunion shirts that Ngavdba had made, and we had a few questions from the peanut gallery about Supra boats. Came back in the dark (which is scary when a Pirata is chasing you - just sounds menacing). Ngavdba got to show off his underwater spotlights and I got to show off my interior LEDs. More to come tomorrow.

gogger
07-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Chasing a Saltare is scary also when you realize you don't have brakes and it is really dark out.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130712_194816_zps2202de2a.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130712_194816_zps2202de2a.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130712_185333_zps787f8726.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130712_185333_zps787f8726.jpg.html)

gogger
07-13-2013, 12:05 AM
a couple more pics.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130712_191843_zps01b4abff.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130712_191843_zps01b4abff.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130712_191839_zps71659941.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130712_191839_zps71659941.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130712_191834_zpsfc1c2c61.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130712_191834_zpsfc1c2c61.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130712_183034_zpsea682d68.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130712_183034_zpsea682d68.jpg.html)

gogger
07-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Heading back out for another fun day on the water. It is enjoyable to see the other Supras in person. Really don't get to see too many supras on the water.

gogger
07-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Had another great day on the water. Surfing behind Marks 2007 Supra was great. First time Casey was able to throw the rope back to the boat.
Southern Hospitality was great!

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_121102_zps587f3090.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_121102_zps587f3090.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_121021_zps4023cd7f.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_121021_zps4023cd7f.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_191112_zps2a6bf649.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_191112_zps2a6bf649.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_185841_zps652438b8.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_185841_zps652438b8.jpg.html)

gogger
07-14-2013, 12:07 AM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_191107_zps82709d59.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_191107_zps82709d59.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_153126_zpsa1499b22.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_153126_zpsa1499b22.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_121141_zps3ad6a60e.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_121141_zps3ad6a60e.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_141731_zps6929c755.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_141731_zps6929c755.jpg.html)

gogger
07-14-2013, 12:10 AM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_184457_zps48e2d49d.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_184457_zps48e2d49d.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_184328_zps917fb6a9.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_184328_zps917fb6a9.jpg.html)
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_162630_zps461d8fde.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_162630_zps461d8fde.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_162626_zps4b3f3f5c.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_162626_zps4b3f3f5c.jpg.html)

gogger
07-14-2013, 12:16 AM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_162426_zps20730b14.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_162426_zps20730b14.jpg.html)
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_162422_zpsfcf4c734.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_162422_zpsfcf4c734.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_115658_zps49a5ba81.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_115658_zps49a5ba81.jpg.html)
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_115514_zpsc9bbdbee.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_115514_zpsc9bbdbee.jpg.html)

gogger
07-14-2013, 12:18 AM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_103306_zps36b8e824.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_103306_zps36b8e824.jpg.html)

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_103309_zpsaabad662.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_103309_zpsaabad662.jpg.html)

http:http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130712_101517_zps83f571bf.jpg (http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/gogger/media/uploads/20130713_103204_zps31aaf88a.jpg.html)//i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_103204_zps31aaf88a.jpg

Jetlink
07-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Doth my eyes deceive me?!?!? Is that the full tower on Bo's boat unlike last year?

TitanTn
07-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Doth my eyes deceive me?!?!? Is that the full tower on Bo's boat unlike last year?

Wow. Good memory! Bo just didn't bring his tower last year but he's always had it.

2500HD
07-14-2013, 11:30 AM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/uploads/20130713_103204_zps31aaf88a.jpg

gogger
07-14-2013, 12:23 PM
You were right. Driving north n ow. Would rather be on the water.

DAFF
07-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Good to see everyone had so much fun. Going to try to make the next one... Will be on the hunt for a truck camper for Frankentruck, this way long distance camping and boating will be obtainable.

TitanTn
07-14-2013, 05:38 PM
2500HD - you have a lens that reaches from Colorado?

DAFF - It'd be great to have you join us, but wow what a road trip!

It was a great event. Gogger wins the long distance award this time (roughly 920 miles round trip), and it was a pleasure to get to know the Gogger clan. They are serious about enjoying their boat, and it's great to see people taking advantage of every opportunity.

MJHKnox was in attendance with the youngest boat of the event. A 2007 22SSV. A very fun loving couple who treated everyone to some serious wakesurfing. Us old school Supra owners got a lesson in what new technology can do for you. Very cool boat. Very cool couple.

Inair brought his family from just south of Atlanta, and after meeting for the first time on Friday we discovered that our families actually know each other from small connections established years ago. It actually IS a small world after all! We all got to enjoy seeing his new interior close up, and the pics don't do it justice. It's a great job and matches the boat perfectly. The also rented a camper and stayed next to us in the campground. They made it a long weekend adventure for the whole family.

Thanks for Ngavdba and SupraAddict for organizing and designing the event tshirt. I think most everyone bought several and even some people who couldn't make the event bought some shirts. It's a very professional design and since we all wore them to dinner the first night, we definitely attracted some attention from other boaters who wanted to know what these "Supra" boats are all about. And of course the '83 Rider is always the center of attention as it sparkles even in the dark. Ngavdba also arranged for some Supra stickers that we passed out to everyone in attendance. But even with all of these gifts, and representing Supra with such a spectacularly maintained boat, the best thing about Ngavdba is still Mrs. Ngavdba. We got to cruise in the Rider today and my daughter particularly enjoyed hanging out with Mrs. Ngavdba in the bow. Great people.

And of course there is a local crew. The Loadup family, Karolina Kid's crew, and my little Salt. Loadup had his three kids, wife, and extended family out. What a fun group! I loaded the Loadup crew (get it) into my Salt and we made some human ballast for surfing. Both of Loadup's girls showed us how easy surfing is for people with talent, and then we were treated to a surfing and wakeboarding show by Loadup's future son-in-law. He said he hasn't boarded in 4 years, but after that exhibition I'm not so sure.

Karolina Kid also brought his family out and everyone enjoyed talking with the guy who's personally owned a Supra longer than anyone (obviously Ngavdba's Rider has been in the family longer). For me, he's Mr. Supra. And since we had a collection of Salts, Sunsports, and similar boats, it was nice to see Karolina Kid's Legacy representing the smaller wake group.

We missed Mr. and Mrs. Jetlink and the Michael Hunters from last year, but as all of our schedules are full of conflicts, hopefully next year they'll both be able to make it. And we obviously would love to add some first-timers.

We had great weather (unbelievable for this year), good food, lot's of fun, and the Supra camaraderie was at an all time high. I'll post a few pics soon, but Ngavdba was certainly the official photographer, so look for the good stuff to come from him. If you weren't able to join us this year, hopefully you can next year.

2500HD
07-14-2013, 05:47 PM
got the hubble working for me. It was actually a link from gogger that didn't work on his post, so i tried it and it worked.

TitanTn
07-14-2013, 06:04 PM
got the hubble working for me. It was actually a link from gogger that didn't work on his post, so i tried it and it worked.

I figured it was something like that, but it was funny to see you posting a pic.

TitanTn
07-14-2013, 06:05 PM
http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/anchored.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/anchored2.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/group.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/inair.jpg

TitanTn
07-14-2013, 06:06 PM
http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/swimming.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/mjhknox.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/ssv_lean.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/surf_lean.jpg

TitanTn
07-14-2013, 06:08 PM
http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/surfing.jpg

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/2013Reunion/surf_slip.jpg

TitanTn
07-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Great pics as always. You have such a knack for getting the lighting just right. Thanks for taking all these and posting them.

Jetlink
07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Alright, that does it...next year time and $$$ permitting, I am going to do my best to have a Comp there to run around in.

supraaddict
07-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks for posting the pics! Looks like a great bunch, having a great time!!!

inair
07-15-2013, 09:00 AM
When I heard myself suggest to my wife that we go to TN to hang out with some people I met on the internet, I admit it sounded pretty creepy! But what a happy surprise to meet so many great, quality folks. When it was time to leave, I was pooped but wishing we could stay longer. Can't say enough good things about this group and the great families and attitudes. Can't wait to do it again!

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/kennash737/DSC_0240.jpg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/kennash737/media/DSC_0240.jpg.html)http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/kennash737/DSC_0227.jpg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/kennash737/media/DSC_0227.jpg.html)http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/kennash737/DSC_0199.jpg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/kennash737/media/DSC_0199.jpg.html)http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/kennash737/DSC_0185.jpg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/kennash737/media/DSC_0185.jpg.html)

Loadup
07-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Just to say it again so everybody that did not make it this time trys harder next time, "WOW" what a great time this weekend was. When the Loadup crew had the boat on the trailer headed home Sunday I think everyone was kinda bummed that the weekend was over. Also to give a huge shout out to TitanTN for spearheading this event for the second time, Ngavdba and SupraAddict for some way cool Tees. I did not get the whole crew one and that put me in the dog house. The kids were mad, I mean how many times do your kids actually want to be wear something the parent has on ? My bad, I will need 6 next time. To the families that traveled thank you again for coming down and up and sharing the weekend with us. Jetlink, we could have used a comp in the lineup. Now for a few pictures.

Loadup
07-15-2013, 03:56 PM

Loadup
07-15-2013, 03:58 PM

haugy
07-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Man.

.Y'all are old. :D :D :D

Sorry I didn't make it. Yeah yeah, no excuse will make up for it. While I did miss it, I did finish up wetsanding my big girl. But by the looks of it the big girl contingency was strong down there. Glad you guys had fun. I bet that was a fun group.

TitanTn
07-15-2013, 06:14 PM
We may be old, but we all agreed the Haugy is a figment of this board's imagination until proven otherwise.

Loadup
07-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Hmmm I do remember the "H" word one time but it was more like, "do you think he will come? Who him? H____ no.

inair
07-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Hey Loadup, we went out under the bridge where you suggested on Sunday AM. Beautiful water for boarding and skiing. Thanks for the tip;)

gogger
07-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Wish we could have stayed Sunday. Next year we will expand the trip to stay the entire weekend. It was a great trip and cool to see the Supras together. Loved surfing in Mark and Katie's boat. Made me want to trade the Pirata in.

haugy
07-15-2013, 10:24 PM
We may be old, but we all agreed the Haugy is a figment of this board's imagination until proven otherwise.

I am the ghost in the machine.

Loadup
07-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Inair, glade you found some smooth water. With all the rain the level is up and it is keeping alot of the towers from going under bridge unless they foldem up.

Ngavdba, after riding in Rod and Scotts boat I have big block envy.

Loadup
07-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Mine got a 351W not the 454. I thought it strange so I called SC with vin and they said it correct engine.

Jetlink
07-16-2013, 10:53 AM
At the end of the day or beginning of the day when I'm at the gas pump, I really don't have big block envy. I had to laugh recently as some dude was filling up his go fast boat. Twin blown big blocks and a 210 gallon fuel tank. I thought the pump was starting to smoke and about to burst into flames.