PDA

View Full Version : Boat cover

Dtha
02-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Anyone know of a place to buy a cover for a 1987 Supra comp? I'm looking for a cheap one, don't need a 10 year warrantied cover. Looking to spend around $200 for a decent cover that will last me a year or 2. Boat has a big air h20 tower, not really concerned with getting a cover custom tailered for it, I can cut and add velcro where necessary. I've looked on amazon and google, just looking for feedback on people who have bought the covers, whether they were a nice tight fit.

Salty87
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM
i've had good luck with the covers from iboats. they are a bit more than your price range though, even more if you get sunbrella. i don't think you can get a nice tight fit for $200.

Langford
02-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Anyone know of a place to buy a cover for a 1987 Supra comp? I'm looking for a cheap one, don't need a 10 year warrantied cover. Looking to spend around $200 for a decent cover that will last me a year or 2. Boat has a big air h20 tower, not really concerned with getting a cover custom tailered for it, I can cut and add velcro where necessary. I've looked on amazon and google, just looking for feedback on people who have bought the covers, whether they were a nice tight fit.

One of my friend got his boat cover at CoverQuest.com and loves it. very reasonable price.

Blackntan90
02-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I spend $400-$500 every couple of years to replace my covers as the boat must sit out in the elements. I do not get a 'fitted' cover because I want maximum coverage, I buy one for a cuddy cabin that is pretty big so it will go over my tower and swim platform. You could use a tarp, but it probably will not last too long and when they start to fail you will get lots of tarp bits in the boat!