PDA

View Full Version : depthfinder for 23000 Launch

wardon
06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
was hoping someone would guide me in the purchase of a depthfinder for my 2000 Launch. Which type of transducer (thru-hull, transom-mount, or inner hull) works best, and where have Supra owners usually added the depthfinder to dash?? Thanks

KenG
07-04-2006, 11:16 AM
I installed a Teleflex TDR600 in my Legacy several years ago. The transducer was designed for either mounting on the transom or mounting inside the hull. I installed mine inside the hull, which I felt was a cleaner installation.

For most fiberglass hulls, there is only minimal signal loss with the transducer mounted inside the hull. I have checked mine in shallow water and it seems to be right on.

The instructions are very good for whichever method you select.

If you have an analog clock, you can install the head unit in place of the clock.

For my installation, I wanted to keep the analog clock, so I squeezed the head unit in to the right of the radio. I still need to make a custom bezel to go around it, but, it looks pretty good without one and most people cannot tell it is not a factory installation. You do have to look down to see the display, so it is not quite as convenient as mounting it the analog clock position.

For me, the hardest part of the job was routing the cable between the head unit and transducer. I elected to use the factor cable runs, which forced me to take up several floor sections and remove the pylon to gain access.

--KG--