PDA

View Full Version : How do you have your Driver seat mounted in late 80s to early 90s Comps

kriley
03-11-2013, 07:55 AM
I currently have a sliding seat bracket on the drivers side with a bucket seat (original seat). I have to change this since I found the bracket / mounting plate is broken on one side. I am looking for any ideas or help.. It seems I fix one thing and find three more to fix...... The love of an old boat. The boat is a 90 ts6m Comp.

haugy
03-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Are you referring to the fiberglass mounting plate?

If so, my old one broke on my Mariah, and I built one out of 2x4's, cut it to the same degree of slope as the original, and then covered it in carpet. Not only was it much more solid, but it looked great. I was also able to add some height to the seat a little bit.

kriley
03-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Haugy - I have the same mount and it broke on the front left side. I was thinking of building one out of Aluminum or Stainless that was slightly highier (my wife grips about the seat being to low) but I really dont have the time. I do like your idea - not as much time involved and will serve the same purpose. I would like to get another set that has the flip up bolster but I dont think it would look right. By the way - what type of tower do you have on your boat???

kriley
03-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Talked to Viper Customs and he makes the mount! I am ordering one from them!