PDA

View Full Version : saltare battery location alternatives

2500HD
03-17-2013, 08:11 PM
The battery's in my 89 saltare are located beneath the observers seat. I'm looking to optimize my storage and was wondering what other saltare owners have done with their batteries? I'm thinking the best spot might be behind the drivers seat in their own enclosure. Any ideas are welcome.

cadunkle
03-18-2013, 08:46 AM
I may move my batteries forward on port side under the dry storage area in front of the observer seat. It's not a convenient storage location for anything, while under the observer seat would be useful storage for me.

2500HD
03-18-2013, 09:15 AM
I may move my batteries forward on port side under the dry storage area in front of the observer seat. It's not a convenient storage location for anything, while under the observer seat would be useful storage for me.
I too thought about that space but i didn't know how to get into it.

sybrmike
03-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Several folks have moved the battery to the location cadukle mentioned by cutting an access hole in the panel behind the observers seat base. I put my two down there, but even with a matching opening in the new seat base - battery access is tight & best accomplished with the seat base out. Hopefully with the on-board charger and VSR I won't need to get down there very often, but the new seat base is only secured by two bolts so not too difficult. I also added a wall to separate the new battery storage from the rest of the playpen area so nothing would bang around against the batteries.

haugy
03-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Where are they now on your boat?

I have one battery box under my observers seat. I also have an enclosed box on the port side, under the bow seat. It's moved back up against the storage bin under the windshield and is in an enclosed and strapped down battery box. My Perko is right under the observers seat.

I wouldn't do that with any other Supra, only the Saltare. If I swamp the bow on this thing, the whole boat is getting wet and I won't have to worry about it.

2500HD
03-18-2013, 08:16 PM
i like the spot behind the observer seat. Now i'll have to see how hard it is to get to it.

TitanTn
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
I have one in between my feet and the starboard bow storage area. I added a second one this winter in the area cadunkle mentioned. The Perko is next to my feet (left knee actually). I just don't want the observer's seat storage to be taken up with batteries. It's nice having that whole space for towels, clothes, and whatever else my wife and kids bring every trip.

haugy
03-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Now when you say observer's seat storage, are you referring to under the observer's seat? Or the area under the port side windshield?

TitanTN, you have one between your feet????? Like it sits under the helm, on the floor?

TitanTn
03-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Not between my feet. It is behind the foot rest under the helm. It's in a dead space between the helm and the storage area under the starboard bow seat.

And by observer's seat storage I mean the space under the observer's seat.