PDA

View Full Version : 98 saltare vs 99 launch

txpaulc
03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
I would like some comments from owners of both of these awesome boats. I had a ts6, which I had to retire a few years ago. I am excited to be trying to choose between a 98, 350ci mpi saltare and a 99 launch. I have not had the pleasure of skiing behind either of these boats. I plan to use it for everyone from my toddler nieces and nephews, and eventually my grandchildren, to my 20 year old boys, to myself (45), and my older siblings. I enjoy all activities behind the boat. I do not want to give up slalom and barefooting for wake or boat size. I am confident that the launch will perform well for wakeboarding, slalom and I would think barefooting as well. Can anyone comment on the saltare? It looks like a very comfortable ride, and I have to belive supra would not build it if it could not obtain barefooting speeds. It has a fuel injected mercruiser 350. Are there good places out of the way to put some ballast bags in the saltare if desired?

Thanks!

skiman_61
03-19-2013, 05:49 PM
My Salt has a big block in it, so I can't be of much help in that regard. Fast enough to foot. 15' off @ 36 mph is an OK slalom wake. Great family boat. Can't imagine where you could fit ballast bags into one, though I can throw a fairly fat wake as it is. Maybe get some chunky friends and have them sit in back?

skiman_61
03-19-2013, 05:52 PM
There are some Supra sages on this site who might supply a more informed comparison. Haugy for one.