PDA

View Full Version : Sunsport question....

gdubsmsp
03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Did Supra change the hull design on the Sunsport in 1992 when they started all composite boats? I have been trying to find a clear cut answer to this and have not been able to. Just from a visible point, the nose looks lower on the 1992 and newer than the older ones, but as for the hull???? Please let me know if anyone knows the answer to this... Thanks

The boy
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
a couple of years back we where going to buy a 2005 21v and they said it is the same hule but with a different top but im not sure

gdubsmsp
03-19-2013, 07:09 PM
That is actually the best answer I have gotten so far, thanks! I am at a crossroads whether to sell the 86 and buy a little newer or do the stringers (which I didn't have time to do this winter). If the hull is the same though, no real point in going through all that, mind as well just band-aid it this summer and do them next winter.

The boy
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
yeah when we found that out we bout a new trailer and painted it and added the tower and it was a hole lot chepper. And glad to help

haugy
03-20-2013, 09:38 AM
They are the same hull. The top cap had some minor changes. Most of the changes were on the interior.

kvand347
03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
One of the reasons why I bought my '93 Sunsport is because I was told it is the same hull design and the DD Launch which throws an great wake. I can't speak for if it is the same hull as the newer v-drive boats.

gdubsmsp
03-20-2013, 08:11 PM
As always guys, thanks for the info and pics even. I am going to keep the boat and just band aid the motor mounts so I don't have to worry about the alignment getting off due to the mount bolts pulling out, then next fall will be the tear down. I really like the look of the raked bow, but not enough to sell mine and buy another one..