PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if it is a Gravity Games edition....

17driver
03-19-2013, 04:54 PM
I just have a quick question about the Gravity Games edition. I am looking at a 2003 Supra Launch 22SSV and the seller says it is a gravity games edition but I thought they only came in one color package each year, which would be red and black for 2003. This boat is white and blue. How can you tell if it is or not. It does not say it anywhere. Also what is the difference in the GG edition and not. This boat has Perfect Pass, Ballast, Tower Speakers, ect. but just looking at the value of the boat the GG editions are worth a little more than the non GG. Thanks for any help.

CornRickey
03-19-2013, 05:16 PM
They had a bunch of sticker plastered all over them, larger ballist bags (that most replace with bigger ones). I believe the Interior has some GG badging and a slightly different tower.

tg0824SSVGG
03-19-2013, 05:40 PM
In 2008, there was a gravity games "emblem" sewn into the seats in several places. The large side sticker was also different, but stickers can be taken off (I took most of mine off)

I don't know about your year though. I looked at the online owners manual from 2003, and they don't mention gravity games that I could see, but one of the pictures in the manual has the "Gravity Games" sticker on the side ...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/208732_10200733491044798_1819554941_n.jpg

17driver
03-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the replies. I talked to a dealer and they said that the GG editions only come in one color each year and the main difference is the graphics and the paint. They said they didnt think that the ballast was upgraded in the GG edition, but could upgrade to GG bags which were bigger. Not sure on the ballast thing or not, but I feel confident that this boat that I am looking at is not the GG edition. Thanks again for the help.

DAFF
03-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Have a 2003 Supra Launch gravity games edition. Its not the 22ssv but the Launch. Perhaps there were two in this season for the V drives were just starting to trickle in. The boat you are looking at might be a 2003.5??

jzelt
03-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Ours has a sticker that says "Official tow boat of the gravity games". But it doesn't have all the graphics and gadgets. Perhaps that is what the seller is basing it on.

CornRickey
03-20-2013, 05:51 PM
The dealers put those stickers on the boats after they were made. My boats previous owner was asked if they could put the deals on the boat when it was in the shop for service. Unfortunately he said yes. I don't mind the window stickers but don't like the one on the transom.