PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Tower Speakers

taft
07-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a Launch 22 SSV, and recently had the chance to give the speakers a try while being towed, and I'm disappointed with the four speakers I have on the tower. When I bought the boat I was under the impression that you would be able to hear your music while being towed, but they are just too quiet. I'm sure if I turned it up enough I could hear something, but I dont want the interior speakers going at the same level as the tower ones (can the speakers even handle this?). Is there a way to change the volume just on the tower speakers? I've looked through the manuals on the two Kenwood Amps that came with the boat, but I'm not very good with that sort of thing.

If you can't do this, is this just the way things are or are the factory installed speakers not as high quality as I originally thought?

Appreciate any help

Diggs
07-04-2006, 12:03 AM
if you are talking about the kenwoods they are not typically that loud, but I have a buddy that powered his with the right amps and they sound pretty good and you can hear them riding. They don't scream, but they sound pretty good. You can also have your amps set up so the tower speakers are on your rear channel and then you can use your fade on your head unit to get more or less volume to those. That is how I do mine.
I am not much of a stereo guy so ask a stereo guy or get on wakeworld.com and ask folks on there. There are a bunch of stereo gurus on there. If you want screaming tower speakers you will have to look aftermarket.
Good luck!!

lowdrag
07-04-2006, 02:53 AM
I've only got 2 of the factory tower speakers on my boat powered by the 4 channel factory amp. I'm only using 2 of the channels on it and they aren't bridged so I'm still not using the full potential of the amp. I can hear it while I'm riding although it's not overwhelming. If yours is like mine, the interior speakers are still hooked to the factory deck. If that's the case, there is a menu option that you can use to turn the deck amp off and just run the towers. You should also check the gain controls on the amp for your tower speakers. They may be turned down enough that they aren't keeping up with your interior speakers when you turn it up. I had to adjust mine a little when I got it.

gmarkham1
07-04-2006, 07:35 AM
you can turn off the iterior speakers and crank the tower speakers then you can hear the tower speakers great while riding.

you have to get into the menu and I beleive it is call amp mute, turn that on, and it will mute the interior speakers but not the tower speakers.....

taft
07-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a shot when im back on the lake on the weekend.

07-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Just curious to see if you got things to work any better for you.