PDA

View Full Version : Boat insurance to bundle or not

big2eers
03-25-2013, 11:59 PM
I had a pretty good policy for just my boat with Boat US. I have bundled my house and auto but not my boat and jet ski. Just bought a new boat and trade the old one in. Are you guys finding it better to bundle your policy or shop separate? Right know I am getting 100% replacement with total value from Boat US.

Jdm89supra
03-26-2013, 12:33 AM
I had a pretty good policy for just my boat with Boat US. I have bundled my house and auto but not my boat and jet ski. Just bought a new boat and trade the old one in. Are you guys finding it better to bundle your policy or shop separate? Right know I am getting 100% replacement with total value from Boat US.
I just went threw this with my boat what a headache. for me with an older boat it was a better deal to bundle house auto and home because our auto went down and house went down equaling the cost of the boat. I had US quote my boat and they would only do damage to other not my boat at all. I wound up bundling with state farm and my boats covered and everything in it on it as well. I would definitely shop around. I will say look at a few policies and see if your boat is covered while trailering and parked. I know US wouldn't cover while trailering. I ran into this issue with a few different companies not saying you will with a new boat.