PDA

View Full Version : Attaching mat to swim platform ?

kvand347
03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
I pulled the Supra non-skid mat off my platform for repairs and was wondering what kind of adhesive you guys thought I should re-attach it with.

Jdm89supra
03-26-2013, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=kvand347;91637]I pulled the Supra non-skid mat off my platform for repairs and was wondering what kind of adhesive you guys thought I should re-attach it with.[/QUOTE
you can use a 3m contact adhesive. you can buy it at any lowes - homedepot or walmart it works good. we use it to put the pads on wakeskates and it holds up for about three years of ridding. just make sure you tape the edges off and don't over spray.

Jdm89supra
03-26-2013, 06:03 PM
o yea once it is stuck you arnt moving it so make sure it is wher you want it

tg0824SSVGG
03-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I would suggest you find the website for SeaDeck and look at how they tell you to install their pads - 1/2 at a time. I would probably help with install - even though you're not installing one of their pads.

99bison
03-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Hydroturf has specific instructions using contact cement... which I will be doing once the temps outside warm up.

haugy
03-27-2013, 10:46 AM
I use hyrdo-turf pads, and they have 3M backing, it sucks. So I use a marine grade caulk. I lay it out with a caulk gun spreading out the bead and then spread it with a plastic spreader so it's evenly covered and leveled.

On the Mariah, that joker NEVER moved again. No lift up, no issues at all. I tried to rush on the Saltare and just use the 3M backing. It's lifting in two spots. So I'll be redoing that again, properly this time.

jzelt
03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
I tried the 3m 90 adhesive spray on the trailer for a rubber mat. Didn't hold. Good idea on the caulking.

kvand347
03-27-2013, 01:24 PM
I use hyrdo-turf pads, and they have 3M backing, it sucks. So I use a marine grade caulk. I lay it out with a caulk gun spreading out the bead and then spread it with a plastic spreader so it's evenly covered and leveled.

On the Mariah, that joker NEVER moved again. No lift up, no issues at all. I tried to rush on the Saltare and just use the 3M backing. It's lifting in two spots. So I'll be redoing that again, properly this time.

Can you give me the details on the caulk? Brand? Where to find? Thanks!

3M 4200? 3M 5200? Something else?